Michelle Obama shares biggest fashion regret
- Photo: AP1 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 14
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 14
- Photo: Jacquelyn Martin/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Chuck Kennedy/StarTraks6 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Doug Mills/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Cliff Owen/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Alan Diaz/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Susan Walsh/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Manuel Balce Ceneta/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Confessions of a First Lady fashionista! In a Nov. 19 interview with BET's 106 and Park, Michelle Obama got personal while answering questions from the audience. One member asked the stylish First Lady to share her biggest fashion regret -- and the answer dates back to 2009, President Barack Obama's first year in office.
"Oh, that's a tough one. Biggest fashion regret? I don't have an answer to this one," Obama, 49, said. "I'm kind of always happy with what I'm wearing."
But the president's wife of 21 years eventually came up with an answer. "Sometimes I forget I'm the first lady and I'm running around in shorts," she confessed. "I know the first time we went on a family vacation I had shorts on getting off of Air Force One. That created a huge stink because people were like, 'She's wearing shorts getting off of Air Force One.' And I thought, 'We're on vacation! ' So, I've avoided shorts getting off of Air Force One."
The shorts controversy went down in August 2009, when the Obamas traveled to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon. The mom of two was photographed stepping off the plane wearing gray shorts, a shirt, open button-up shirt and sneakers.
Also during her appearance on BET, Mrs. Obama candidly revealed the one thing she misses most about her life before becoming First Lady.
"Anonymity," the Illinois native said. "Being able to walk out your front door on your own without agents and people following you around. I just long to walk out that front door, go to CVS and buy some toothpaste! And nobody would notice me!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite