Michelle Obama shares biggest fashion regret
- Photo: AP1 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 14
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 14
- Photo: Jacquelyn Martin/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Chuck Kennedy/StarTraks6 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Doug Mills/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Cliff Owen/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Alan Diaz/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Susan Walsh/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Manuel Balce Ceneta/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Ratings: Top-Rated 'Big Brother' Pushes CBS to a WinMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:36:00 AM
- 'Hercules' Reviews: Does This Dwayne Johnson Movie Rock or Is it More Brett RatnerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:13:00 AM
- Discovery Sets 'Airplane Repo' Season 2 Return, Adds New Female Flier (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Ron Howard sells house in NYC suburbs for $27.5MMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:55:57 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Drama 'The Judge' To Open Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:53:00 AM
- Ratings: Top-Rated 'Big Brother' Pushes CBS to a Win
Confessions of a First Lady fashionista! In a Nov. 19 interview with BET's 106 and Park, Michelle Obama got personal while answering questions from the audience. One member asked the stylish First Lady to share her biggest fashion regret -- and the answer dates back to 2009, President Barack Obama's first year in office.
"Oh, that's a tough one. Biggest fashion regret? I don't have an answer to this one," Obama, 49, said. "I'm kind of always happy with what I'm wearing."
But the president's wife of 21 years eventually came up with an answer. "Sometimes I forget I'm the first lady and I'm running around in shorts," she confessed. "I know the first time we went on a family vacation I had shorts on getting off of Air Force One. That created a huge stink because people were like, 'She's wearing shorts getting off of Air Force One.' And I thought, 'We're on vacation! ' So, I've avoided shorts getting off of Air Force One."
The shorts controversy went down in August 2009, when the Obamas traveled to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon. The mom of two was photographed stepping off the plane wearing gray shorts, a shirt, open button-up shirt and sneakers.
Also during her appearance on BET, Mrs. Obama candidly revealed the one thing she misses most about her life before becoming First Lady.
"Anonymity," the Illinois native said. "Being able to walk out your front door on your own without agents and people following you around. I just long to walk out that front door, go to CVS and buy some toothpaste! And nobody would notice me!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite