Mila Kunis Talks About Having Kids, Considers Quitting Acting
Mila Kunis never wanted to be a megastar. In the March issue of Playboy, the actress opens up to her Oz the Great and Powerful costar James Franco about her burning desire to quit acting and start a family.
"James, seriously, do you feel you could be an actor forever?" the 29-year-old Ukrainian-born beauty asks. "Yeah," Franco replies. "Although, do you think it will get weird when you're older?"
"I think for a woman it does," Kunis imagines. "There's a documentary you should see called Searching for Debra Winger, about how this industry affects women in their 30s. Realistically speaking, it's hard. . . Do you want to have a life, or do you want to have a career? Sometimes you can find a happy medium, but in this industry it's rare."
"You have to choose: privacy or career," Kunis adds.
The Black Swan star explains that her current dilemma is "not necessarily particular to women," though she believes it's more difficult for actresses to find work as they get older. "I think in this industry, age is particular to women versus men. Why? Because that's just how it is."
Franco, 34, can't understand why Kunis would ever considering stepping out of the spotlight. "You don't see yourself like Meryl Streep, working into your 60s?" he asks.
"Listen, I'd love to, but I wouldn't presume or assume to be that," Kunis answers. "If I'm lucky enough to have a career remotely close to hers, great. If I'm not, I'm not going with the expectation of having one, because that ultimately will slow me down. It's one in a million; it's not the reality . . . I think a lot of it is luck. Don't get me wrong, I work my ass off. But so do a lot of people. It all depends on whether people care to see me in five years or not, and you can't predict that. It's weird that at the age of 29 I'm talking about aging in this industry, but the truth is I don't think I can do this for the rest of my life. I want to be a producer. That's really want I want, because I love this work in a weird, sick way. But I also want a life. I want a family -- just, like, one day, not tomorrow."
When she does start having children, Ashton Kutcher's girlfriend plans to be a hands-on parent. "I want to be a present mom. When I was growing up both my mom and dad worked full-time. I guess the only thing I can say about that is they worked full-time in one location. I'm never in the same place for more than two months. How am I ever going to have a family like that? You have to make compromises," Kunis says in Playboy. "If that means I do one movie a year, if people still want to see me and hire me and I don't suck by that point, great. But my only source of happiness can't be dependent on something so fickle. And I find this industry to be incredibly fickle."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Mila Kunis Talks About Having Kids, Considers Quitting Acting
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite