Model, billionaire settle child support fight
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com1 of 12
- Photo: VPA/Pacific Coast News2 of 12
- Photo: Promotional3 of 12
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: Henny Ray Abrams/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: Lawrence/La Pira/Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: Promotional8 of 12
- Photo: Michel Spingler/AP9 of 12
- Photo: AP/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Winslow/Meinelt/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- 'Today' Replacing, Promoting Longtime Director Amid 'Many Changes&apoMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:04:00 PM
- Obama's FCC Pick Tom Wheeler Appears Before Senate CommitteeMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:39:13 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33
NEW YORK (AP) -- In the midst of a trial that brought tales of the high life and high fashion to family court, supermodel Linda Evangelista and a billionaire French businessman have reached an agreement to end their child support fight, their lawyers said Monday.
Evangelista, Francois-Henri Pinault and their attorneys were mum about the details, which they planned to give to a magistrate on Tuesday.
RELATED: Year in Review: Celebritots, 2011
"Everybody is very glad that it's over," Pinault lawyer David Aronson said.
The settlement came in the midst of a trial over how much, if anything, Pinault should pay toward the care of their 5-year-old son. Pinault is the CEO of a company that owns Gucci, Yves St. Laurent and other top-flight fashion lines; he's now married to actress Salma Hayek.
Both Pinault and Evangelista had testified at the trial, answering questions that delved into her career, his high-flying finances and his limited relationship with the boy. Evangelista had been due to continue testifying Monday.
In legal papers, she had said she was spending $46,000 a month on armed bodyguards, a 24-hour-a-day nanny and other expenses for the boy, Augustin, nicknamed Augie. He was born in 2006 after a four-month relationship; Pinault said he and Evangelista spent only about seven days together in all.
RELATED: Salma Hayek Eye Candy
Evangelista's lawyer said she willingly paid all the child's expenses at first, but she now needs some help. While Evangelista — who once quipped that supermodels "don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day" — testified that she still can command about $100,000 to walk a runway, attorney William Beslow said her roughly $1.8 million-a-year income sank last year because a major contract with L'Oreal ended.
"Ms. Evangelista is not looking to piggyback the lifestyle of Mr. Pinault," Beslow said in an opening statement last week. He said she wasn't asking for any particular amount.
As part of the family behind luxury-brands conglomerate PPR, Pinault makes about $4 million a year, and Forbes estimates his family's net worth at $13 billion. He wears a $100,000 watch, dropped about $52,000 on a 12-day vacation to Bora Bora and bought himself about $62,000 in clothes in a single year, according to his testimony.
Pinault, who has a 4-year-old daughter with Hayek and two other children from a previous marriage, legally recognized Augie as his son in 2007. Pinault said Evangelista asked for what he considered an unreasonable amount of child support, he countered with another offer, and he didn't get a response for years. She went to court in 2010.
"We are not going to claim that he cannot pay a fair and reasonable child support," Aronson said in an opening statement. But $46,000 a month, he said, would be "just ridiculous."
That would indeed be high, even for New York, though there have been some other big-money child support cases here. Rap impresario Sean "Diddy" Combs was ordered in 2005 to pay about $19,000 a month in support, and Revlon Inc. chairman Ronald Perelman was ordered in 1999 to pay more than $12,000 a month.
- Maria Menounos -- Wonderview
- Lisa Vanderpump -- Wonderview
- Adriana Lima -- Wonderview
- 'Jersey Shore' star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro -- Wonderview
- Gavin DeGraw -- Wonderview
- Sean Lowe -- Wonderview
- Jonathan Lipnicki -- Wonderview
- Rob Kardashian -- Wonderview
- Wonderview: Miranda Kerr
- Wonderview -- Brandi Glanville
- Brad Goreski -- Wonderview
- Holly Madison -- Wonderview
- Wonderview: Anne Heche
- Farrah Abraham Wonderview
- Kat Graham Wonderview
- Wonderview: Shannen Doherty
- Dita Von Teese Wonderview
- Rachel Dratch Wonderview
- Wonderview: Keenan Cahill
- Adrian Grenier Wonderview
- Sammi Sweetheart -- Wonderview
- Lisa Vanderpump -- Wonderview
- Tracey Gold -- Wonderview
- Taye Diggs -- Wonderview
- Adrienne Maloof and Dr. Paul Nassif -- Wonderview
- Jodie Sweetin and Dave Coulier -- Wonderview
- Jill Zarin -- Wonderview
- Bridget Marquardt -- Wonderview
- Avril Lavigne -- Wonderview
- Harry Shum Jr. -- Wonderview
- Olivia Munn -- Wonderview
- Mayim Bialik -- Wonderview
- Moby -- Wonderview
- Ahna O'Reilly -- Wonderview
- Michelle Williams -- Wonderview
- Pauly Shore -- Wonderview
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite