Pippa Middleton Spoofs Herself, Makes Fun of Her Book in Hilarious EditorialRelated: Pippa Middleton
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Ikon Pictures Ltd./Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP4 of 16
- Photo: WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: John Stillwell/AP9 of 16
- Photo: MKAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: MKAA/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 16
- Photo: MKAA/ZDS/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
Critics have not been kind to Pippa Middleton's party-planning guide, "Celebrate," which was widely ridiculed upon its release for its too-basic advice. (Sample tip: "When hosting a party, move any clutter from the space where you're entertaining.") But the author has a message for all the naysayers: They're not laughing at her, they're laughing with her.
Duchess Kate's 29-year-old party-planner sister showed she was in on the joke by writing a hilarious, tongue-in-cheek guest editorial for The Spectator, a long-running weekly magazine focused on political and current events.
"I have been much teased for my book. Lots of journalists are saying that my advice is glaringly obvious," she writes in the piece. "A spoof Twitter account called @pippatips offers such pearls as 'Enjoy a glass of water by getting a clean glass and pouring in water from a tap or bottle.'"
"But in my defense, let me say this: 'Celebrate' is meant to be a guide to party planning and, as such, it has to cover the basics," she continues cheekily. "If I were to write a cookery book, for instance, I would be compelled to say that, to make an omelet, you have to break at least one egg. Actually, that's not a bad idea." Added the royal bridesmaid, who's world-famous for her derriere: "Or maybe I should write a sequel and call it 'Bottoms Up?' Now, that could be a bestseller."
Should said sequel come to be, she adds, she's prepared for the inevitable book signings. "I have finally perfected my signature," she writes, revealing that she takes pains to distance herself from her well-known surname. "It took hours of practicing ... I decided early on just to write Pippa, not Middleton."
Continuing the gag, the writer shares her "excruciatingly self-evident tips for festive entertaining in the workplace," including gems like: "Choose, if you can, a Christmas-themed menu. A turkey, for example, can be perfect for large gatherings." She also offers some thoughts on appropriate conversation topics: "Keep speeches brief and cheerful. Christmas is not a time to talk about redundancies."
It is a time for costumes, though -- at least in the Middleton household.
"My father has developed a tradition of surprising us at some point by appearing in fancy dress. He buys a new costume each year and typically gets carried away," the Brit discloses of her father Michael, who shares kids Kate, 30, Pippa, and James, 25, with their mom, Carole. "A couple of Christmases ago he appeared in an inflatable sumo outfit. It's endearing, really, and only quite embarrassing."
This year's holiday is likely to be especially happy, as the family celebrates Duchess Catherine's pregnancy. (The duchess and Prince William announced Dec. 3 that they're expecting their first child.)
"Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby," St. James's Palace said in a statement. "The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Pippa Middleton Spoofs Herself, Makes Fun of Her Book in Hilarious Editorial
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Maria Menounos -- Wonderview
- Lisa Vanderpump -- Wonderview
- Adriana Lima -- Wonderview
- 'Jersey Shore' star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro -- Wonderview
- Gavin DeGraw -- Wonderview
- Sean Lowe -- Wonderview
- Jonathan Lipnicki -- Wonderview
- Rob Kardashian -- Wonderview
- Wonderview: Miranda Kerr
- Wonderview -- Brandi Glanville
- Brad Goreski -- Wonderview
- Holly Madison -- Wonderview
- Wonderview: Anne Heche
- Farrah Abraham Wonderview
- Kat Graham Wonderview
- Wonderview: Shannen Doherty
- Dita Von Teese Wonderview
- Rachel Dratch Wonderview
- Wonderview: Keenan Cahill
- Adrian Grenier Wonderview
- Sammi Sweetheart -- Wonderview
- Lisa Vanderpump -- Wonderview
- Tracey Gold -- Wonderview
- Taye Diggs -- Wonderview
- Adrienne Maloof and Dr. Paul Nassif -- Wonderview
- Jodie Sweetin and Dave Coulier -- Wonderview
- Jill Zarin -- Wonderview
- Bridget Marquardt -- Wonderview
- Avril Lavigne -- Wonderview
- Harry Shum Jr. -- Wonderview
- Olivia Munn -- Wonderview
- Mayim Bialik -- Wonderview
- Moby -- Wonderview
- Ahna O'Reilly -- Wonderview
- Michelle Williams -- Wonderview
- Pauly Shore -- Wonderview
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite