Pregnant Kate Middleton Suffers Another Bout of Acute Morning Sickness, Prince William Cancels Event
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 16
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: KPB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Arthur Edwards/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: Barcroft Media/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- 'If I Stay' Feels Like 'Fault in Our Stars' Lite and Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Just a few days after checking out of a London-area hospital, pregnant Kate Middleton has fallen ill again with another bout of acute morning sickness -- and although the Duchess does not yet require further hospitalization, husband Prince William has cancelled a Sunday Dec. 9 engagement to be by her side at their Kensington Palace home.
"It is well known that Hyperemesis Gravidarum often recurs," a St. James Palace spokesman tells Us Weekly, confirming that William has pulled out of his planned appearance at the British Military Tournament in Earls' Court to be with Kate in their Nottingham Cottage residence at the Palace.
(Known as "HG," the rare condition affects .03 to 1 percent of pregnant women, and is characterized by severe nausea, vomiting, weight loss, dehydration, lightheadedness and fainting.)
Adds the Palace of the 30-year-old Duchess, who announced her pregnancy on Monday Dec. 3: "Until further notice, to allow the Duchess a degree of privacy during her pregnancy, we do not intend to offer regular condition checks or advise of routine developments."
Before his wife's second bout, William, 30, donned a tux on Saturday evening to keep a commitment to attend the Winter Whites Gala at London's Royal Albert Hall, where he commented on his wife's health woes.
"I don't know why they call it morning sickness -- they should call it all day and all night sickness," the prince joked to former Centrepoint chairman Michael O'Higgins. "[Recovery is] a long old process but she is getting there. She feels like it is going to go on forever.”
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite