Prince Charles on Royal Baby's birth: 'My wife and I are overjoyed'
- Photo: BPC/HSS/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: JP3/Wonderwall2 of 8
- Photo: SIMON DAWSON/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 8
- Photo: RON BELL/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Moments after Duchess Kate and Prince William welcomed their firstborn son at St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla issued a statement expressing their excitement. "Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild," says Charles, who is first in line to the British throne. "It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy."
Charles, 64, adds, "Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone's life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future."
According to Clarence House's official Twitter account, "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry & families have been told and are delighted. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well and will remain in hospital overnight." A Buckingham Palace spokesman said, "The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are delighted at the news."
The royal baby arrived at 4:24 p.m., weighing 8 pounds, 6 ounces. A source says the new parents waited to announce their son's birth so as to inform family members and spend some alone time with the baby. The world will get its first glimpse of the royal baby when the first time parents, both 31, leave the hospital later this week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite