Prince Charles on Royal Baby's birth: 'My wife and I are overjoyed'
- Photo: BPC/HSS/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: JP3/Wonderwall2 of 8
- Photo: SIMON DAWSON/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 8
- Photo: RON BELL/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Moments after Duchess Kate and Prince William welcomed their firstborn son at St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla issued a statement expressing their excitement. "Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild," says Charles, who is first in line to the British throne. "It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy."
Charles, 64, adds, "Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone's life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future."
According to Clarence House's official Twitter account, "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry & families have been told and are delighted. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well and will remain in hospital overnight." A Buckingham Palace spokesman said, "The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are delighted at the news."
The royal baby arrived at 4:24 p.m., weighing 8 pounds, 6 ounces. A source says the new parents waited to announce their son's birth so as to inform family members and spend some alone time with the baby. The world will get its first glimpse of the royal baby when the first time parents, both 31, leave the hospital later this week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite