Prince Charles on Royal Baby's birth: 'My wife and I are overjoyed'
- Photo: BPC/HSS/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: JP3/Wonderwall2 of 8
- Photo: SIMON DAWSON/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 8
- Photo: RON BELL/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Moments after Duchess Kate and Prince William welcomed their firstborn son at St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla issued a statement expressing their excitement. "Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild," says Charles, who is first in line to the British throne. "It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy."
Charles, 64, adds, "Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone's life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future."
According to Clarence House's official Twitter account, "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry & families have been told and are delighted. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well and will remain in hospital overnight." A Buckingham Palace spokesman said, "The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are delighted at the news."
The royal baby arrived at 4:24 p.m., weighing 8 pounds, 6 ounces. A source says the new parents waited to announce their son's birth so as to inform family members and spend some alone time with the baby. The world will get its first glimpse of the royal baby when the first time parents, both 31, leave the hospital later this week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite