Prince Charles on Royal Baby's birth: 'My wife and I are overjoyed'
- Photo: BPC/HSS/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: JP3/Wonderwall2 of 8
- Photo: SIMON DAWSON/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 8
- Photo: RON BELL/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
Moments after Duchess Kate and Prince William welcomed their firstborn son at St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla issued a statement expressing their excitement. "Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild," says Charles, who is first in line to the British throne. "It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy."
Charles, 64, adds, "Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone's life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future."
According to Clarence House's official Twitter account, "The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry & families have been told and are delighted. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well and will remain in hospital overnight." A Buckingham Palace spokesman said, "The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are delighted at the news."
The royal baby arrived at 4:24 p.m., weighing 8 pounds, 6 ounces. A source says the new parents waited to announce their son's birth so as to inform family members and spend some alone time with the baby. The world will get its first glimpse of the royal baby when the first time parents, both 31, leave the hospital later this week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Feeling Great'
From Crowd Ignite