Prince George given four heifers, bull, goat as christening gift from Kenyan tribe
- Photo: Jason Bell / Camera Press / Redux/.1 of 12
- Photo: Jason Bell / Camera Press / Redux/.2 of 12
- Photo: Jason Bell / Camera Press / Redux/.3 of 12
- Photo: ASON BELL/CAMERA PRESS/.4 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: POOL/Reuters7 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Jim Carrey to Host 'Saturday Night Live' Early This Season (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:34:00 PM
- Rory Kennedy: 'We Haven't Learned the Lessons From Vietnam'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:31:00 PM
- Hey New York Times, Shonda Rhimes Isn't an "Angry Black Woman"MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:18:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To De
Prince George is now the proud owner of a herd of cows. A tribe in Kenya has decided to gift Prince William and Kate Middleton's first-born child with four heifers, a bull, and a goat in honor of his recent christening. The present is said to be symbolic of a blessing from the Samburu community -- a deeply significant honor.
The animals will be raised in Lewa, where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge enjoyed a safari in 2010. It was during that trip to Kenya, in fact, that Prince William proposed to his wife.
The Duke, 31, sent a letter of thanks to the Samburu community for their thoughtful and very meaningful gift. "Thank you all so very much for the extraordinary honour. I remember my time with you with immense happiness and I could not be more grateful to you all for this kindness," he wrote.
"It brings me great joy to know George's 'pension' will be herded on a land we care deeply for. We hope one day he will be able to see them for himself," the proud father added.
Prince William has been vocal about wanting to take his son to Africa someday. He first experienced the continent through his late mother, Princess Diana, and has been active in several causes there ever since. Among those closest to his heart? Wildlife conservation.
"Like any new parents, our thoughts inevitably turn to the world that our child will inherit," he said in September. "It is unfathomable to imagine a world in which children who have been born in the past couple of months may grow up in a world in which rhinoceros have ceased to live in the wild."
"The possibility of extinction is bad enough for one of our children growing up here in the West, who never experience the magic of seeing a rhino," he continued, "or even for my own little George, who Catherine and I very much hope to introduce to east Africa -- a place we know and love -- in the fullness of time."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite