Prince William, Duchess Kate hire his childhood nanny to care for Prince George
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Please Like Me' Star Explains How to Shower With a Baby on TVMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 1:46:00 PM
- MTV's 'Virgin Territory': Teens Debate Saving Sex for LaterMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 1:33:00 PM
- 'The Strain's' Guillermo del Toro Bites Into 'Twilight'MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 1:29:00 PM
- 'Masters of Sex' Review: Lizzy Caplan and Michael Sheen Go Deeper in Season 2MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 1:11:00 PM
- LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian Wanted to Do VH1 Reality Show to "Take Our Life Back"MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 1:02:00 PM
- 'Please Like Me' Star Explains How to Shower With a Baby on TV
Royal Mary Poppins! To help look after baby Prince George, nearly two months, Prince William and Duchess Kate didn't exactly cast a wide net: As rumored, the duke and duchess, both 31, have hired trusted nanny Jessie Webb, multiple sources confirm to Us Weekly. The 71-year-old has worked in a royal nursery before: As an employee of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' palace household, she cared for young Princes William and Harry.
In keeping with their desire to be more modern, hands-on parents, however, William and Kate have only hired web on a part-time basis. "She will assist them on trips with George, such as engagements away from London and overseas tours," one source explains. Webb is said to have come out of retirement for little George.
Dubbed "Granny Nanny" by one British paper, Webb was on duty the evening of Sept. 12 as Kate escorted her husband for her first official post-baby event at the Tusk Conservation Awards at The Royal Society in London. The stunning couple -- William wore a tux and Kate wore a sequined Jenny Packham gown -- told guests at the black-tie affair that it was the "first time" they'd left their son at home with Webb, according to an attendee.
"This is actually our first evening out without him," William said in an address during the bash. "So please excuse us if you see us nervously casting cheeky glances at our mobile phones to check all is well back home."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Check out the many women who have been wooed by George Clooney over the years.Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBoob Job?
From Crowd Ignite