Prince William, Duchess Kate hire his childhood nanny to care for Prince George
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Matthew Perry's 'Odd Couple' Pilot Casts Thomas Lennon as FelixMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Michael Wolff Report of $100 Million Loss at Daily Beast/Newsweek 'Wildly Inaccurate&apMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 4:08:00 PM
- TV Land's 'Soul Man' Season Premiere to Simulcast Live on BET, CentricMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 3:57:00 PM
- Garrett Hedlund's Captain Hook Finds His Smee in 'Four Lions' Star Adeel MSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 3:36:00 PM
- Reno 911 Alum Thomas Lennon to Star Opposite Matthew Perry in Odd Couple PilotMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 3:31:00 PM
- Matthew Perry's 'Odd Couple' Pilot Casts Thomas Lennon as Felix
Royal Mary Poppins! To help look after baby Prince George, nearly two months, Prince William and Duchess Kate didn't exactly cast a wide net: As rumored, the duke and duchess, both 31, have hired trusted nanny Jessie Webb, multiple sources confirm to Us Weekly. The 71-year-old has worked in a royal nursery before: As an employee of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' palace household, she cared for young Princes William and Harry.
In keeping with their desire to be more modern, hands-on parents, however, William and Kate have only hired web on a part-time basis. "She will assist them on trips with George, such as engagements away from London and overseas tours," one source explains. Webb is said to have come out of retirement for little George.
Dubbed "Granny Nanny" by one British paper, Webb was on duty the evening of Sept. 12 as Kate escorted her husband for her first official post-baby event at the Tusk Conservation Awards at The Royal Society in London. The stunning couple -- William wore a tux and Kate wore a sequined Jenny Packham gown -- told guests at the black-tie affair that it was the "first time" they'd left their son at home with Webb, according to an attendee.
"This is actually our first evening out without him," William said in an address during the bash. "So please excuse us if you see us nervously casting cheeky glances at our mobile phones to check all is well back home."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
The Kardashian sisters take Miami in style on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See what parts of their bodies stars like Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum have insurance policies for.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley, Theo James and more from the cast of "Divergent" talk about their tough roles and what they learned.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite