Prince William, Duchess Kate hire his childhood nanny to care for Prince George
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
Royal Mary Poppins! To help look after baby Prince George, nearly two months, Prince William and Duchess Kate didn't exactly cast a wide net: As rumored, the duke and duchess, both 31, have hired trusted nanny Jessie Webb, multiple sources confirm to Us Weekly. The 71-year-old has worked in a royal nursery before: As an employee of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' palace household, she cared for young Princes William and Harry.
In keeping with their desire to be more modern, hands-on parents, however, William and Kate have only hired web on a part-time basis. "She will assist them on trips with George, such as engagements away from London and overseas tours," one source explains. Webb is said to have come out of retirement for little George.
Dubbed "Granny Nanny" by one British paper, Webb was on duty the evening of Sept. 12 as Kate escorted her husband for her first official post-baby event at the Tusk Conservation Awards at The Royal Society in London. The stunning couple -- William wore a tux and Kate wore a sequined Jenny Packham gown -- told guests at the black-tie affair that it was the "first time" they'd left their son at home with Webb, according to an attendee.
"This is actually our first evening out without him," William said in an address during the bash. "So please excuse us if you see us nervously casting cheeky glances at our mobile phones to check all is well back home."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot Emmys Couples
From Crowd Ignite