Prince William, Duchess Kate hire his childhood nanny to care for Prince George
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' PilotMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' Pilot
Royal Mary Poppins! To help look after baby Prince George, nearly two months, Prince William and Duchess Kate didn't exactly cast a wide net: As rumored, the duke and duchess, both 31, have hired trusted nanny Jessie Webb, multiple sources confirm to Us Weekly. The 71-year-old has worked in a royal nursery before: As an employee of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' palace household, she cared for young Princes William and Harry.
In keeping with their desire to be more modern, hands-on parents, however, William and Kate have only hired web on a part-time basis. "She will assist them on trips with George, such as engagements away from London and overseas tours," one source explains. Webb is said to have come out of retirement for little George.
Dubbed "Granny Nanny" by one British paper, Webb was on duty the evening of Sept. 12 as Kate escorted her husband for her first official post-baby event at the Tusk Conservation Awards at The Royal Society in London. The stunning couple -- William wore a tux and Kate wore a sequined Jenny Packham gown -- told guests at the black-tie affair that it was the "first time" they'd left their son at home with Webb, according to an attendee.
"This is actually our first evening out without him," William said in an address during the bash. "So please excuse us if you see us nervously casting cheeky glances at our mobile phones to check all is well back home."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite