Prince William, Duchess Kate hire his childhood nanny to care for Prince George
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Royal Mary Poppins! To help look after baby Prince George, nearly two months, Prince William and Duchess Kate didn't exactly cast a wide net: As rumored, the duke and duchess, both 31, have hired trusted nanny Jessie Webb, multiple sources confirm to Us Weekly. The 71-year-old has worked in a royal nursery before: As an employee of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' palace household, she cared for young Princes William and Harry.
In keeping with their desire to be more modern, hands-on parents, however, William and Kate have only hired web on a part-time basis. "She will assist them on trips with George, such as engagements away from London and overseas tours," one source explains. Webb is said to have come out of retirement for little George.
Dubbed "Granny Nanny" by one British paper, Webb was on duty the evening of Sept. 12 as Kate escorted her husband for her first official post-baby event at the Tusk Conservation Awards at The Royal Society in London. The stunning couple -- William wore a tux and Kate wore a sequined Jenny Packham gown -- told guests at the black-tie affair that it was the "first time" they'd left their son at home with Webb, according to an attendee.
"This is actually our first evening out without him," William said in an address during the bash. "So please excuse us if you see us nervously casting cheeky glances at our mobile phones to check all is well back home."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite