Prince William & Kate Return To London – By Commercial Flight!Related: Duchess Kate
- Photo: John Shearer/AP1 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 11
- Photo: Photo courtesy of Grey Goose/.3 of 11
- Photo: Matt Baron/AP4 of 11
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Adriana M Barrazza/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Matt Baron/BEImages/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Matt Baron/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
Prince William and Kate returned to their native England on Monday, and in a surprising move, they flew commercial – taking a British Airways flight!
The Royals low-key return to the mother country follows a glitzy weekend in Southern California preceded by a jam-packed nine days in Canada.
The Los Angeles leg of the trip established the royals as the toast of Tinseltown, as the couple, just married in April, was very well-received on what was Kate Middleton's first trip to the United States.
Here's how they spent their weekend:
On Friday, California Gov. Jerry Brown welcomed the royal couple as they arrived at LAX Airport in the afternoon, and boarded a Range Rover that would take them into the city.
Upon arriving, they met with a group of venture capitalists, business leaders and philanthropists, before heading to a Consular-General Reception in Hancock Park held by the United Kingdom Trade and Investment.
On Saturday afternoon, it was off to the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club, where polo player Prince William led his team to victory in a charity match to benefit the American Friends of the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry.
In the most romantic moment of the jet-setting weekend, Kate gave her hubby a kiss when presenting him with the trophy.
On Saturday night, Prince William and Kate were the guests of honor at a British Academy of Film and Television Arts dinner to pay tribute to the U.K.'s top filmmakers.
Stars like Jennifer Lopez, Tom Hanks, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and Barbra Streisand hobnobbed with the royals at the event, which was held at the 1926 Belasco Theatre in downtown Los Angeles.
On Sunday, they began their itinerary with a private breakfast with supporters of African wildlife conservation group Tusk Trust.
Then, they were front-and-center at a dance recital featuring kids from the Inner-City Arts School, a non-profit establishment in the city's gritty Skid Row section. Inner-City Arts co-founder Bob Bates said the charming couple came off "like your oldest friends and family," and that the "kids really took them to heart."
After that, they were welcomed to Culver City's Sony Studios by Sony C.E.O. Sir Howard Stringer. There, they attended the Service Nation: Mission Serve job fair, aimed to find unemployed veterans jobs.
Said the prince: "This is the last event on our tour of North America, but to my mind, it is one of the most important. Service Nation Mission Serve, and all the companies and employers taking part today, are providing opportunities which mean something very immediate and personal to us.”
The prince made the audience laugh in taking a playful jab at his brother, Prince Harry (Both are enlisted in the British military).
"I am delighted, therefore, that our Foundation -- and in that I include my low-flying Apache very average brother -- is a partner in today's event."
To finish, the prince thanked the locals for giving him and Kate the royal welcome while in town.
"I would just say, on behalf of us both, how grateful we are to have been welcomed so warmly in the Golden State and the City of Angels. Thank you so much."
The festivities concluded as the elegant pair headed to Los Angeles International Airport, flanked by a motorcade of 17 California Highway Patrol officers.
They were elegantly dressed for their departure, as the prince wore a navy blue suit, while Kate glimmered in a black-and-white dress. After saying goodbye to their well-wishers, they departed on a British Airways commercial flight shortly after 4 p.m. PT, heading back to the motherland after the jam-packed Tinseltown weekend.
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Brad Pitt's Changing Looks
- Hollywood's Hottest Dads
- Mark Wahlberg's Shirtless Looks
- Prince William & Duchess Kate's Cutest Couple Moments
- Stars with tattoos of other celebs
- Brooke Shields' Changing Looks
- Carrie Underwood's Evolving Looks
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Cast Yearbook Photos
- Worst Celeb Sunburns
- Celeb Twins
- Celebs Who Work Out on the Beach
- Country Music's Hottest Couples
- Worst spring wardrobes
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Romance Retro
- WATN: 'Boy Meets World'
- Tim McGraw's changing looks
- Craziest Kim Kardashian pregnancy rumors
- Celebs Who Look Like Their Pets
- Mariah & Nick's Matching Style
- Hollywood's Tomboys
- The Royal Couple's Favorite Sports
- Kim Kardashian's Curvy Maternity Style
- WATN: 'Jurassic Park'
- January Jones' Retro Looks
- The Rock's Soft Side
- WATN: 'Veronica Mars'
- WATN: 'Beetlejuice'
- Fergie's Changing Looks
- Star Twitter Quitters
- Hollywood's Hottest Ryans
- Insured Celebrity Body Parts
- Most Expensive Celeb Engagement Rings
- Sweetest Celeb PDA
- Kim Kardashian's Tightest Looks
- Olivia Wilde's Best Street Style
- Justin Timberlake's Many Looks
- Hottest Royal Beach Bodies
- Celebrity Pets with Famous Names
- Michelle Williams' Best Fashion Moments
- Lindsay Lohan's Changing Looks
- Justin Bieber's Changing Hair
- Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet
- WATN: '7th Heaven'
- Ke$ha's Worst Looks
- Worst Oscar Fashion
- George Clooney's Oscar Dates
- Most Embarrassing Celeb Splits
- Stars Before They Were Oscar Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Fashion Moments
- Rihanna's Sexiest Grammy Style
- Drew Barrymore's Craziest Looks
- Jennifer Aniston's Changing Looks
- Worst Dressed Celeb Designers
- Anne Hathaway's Oscar Looks
- Grammy's Hottest Couples
- Taylor Swift's Best Grammy Fashion
- WATN: 'Wonder Years'
- Destiny's Child's Most Iconic Looks
- Best Off-Season Bikini Bods
- Emma Stone's Best Red-Carpet Looks
- Celeb Flashers
- Mariah Carey's Biggest Feuds
- Mariah Carey's Wacky Wardrobe
- Britney Spears' Wackiest Red Carpet Poses
- Celeb Makeup Mistakes
- Ryan Gosling's Leading Ladies
- Nicole Kidman's Golden Globe Fashion
- Katy Perry's Year as a Single Gal
- Celebs Who've Removed Romantic Tattoos
- Most Memorable Celeb Holiday Cards
- Five of the Worst Celeb Winter Wardrobes
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Romance Retro
- Stars Who Are Aging in Reverse
- Christina Aguilera's Worst Looks
- 2012's One Hit Wonders
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Best and Worst Beach Bodies of 2012
- 2012 Fashion Don'ts
- Craziest Beauty Trends of 2012
- Celebs Who Survived Cheating Scandals
- The Turkeys of 2012
- Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Moments
- WATN: 'Less Than Zero'
- Star Couples Who Went from Friends to Lovers
- The Most Famous Celebrity Pets
- The Hottest Celebrity Halloween Costumes
- WATN: 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'
- Jessica Biel's White Hot Red Carpet Style
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite