Prince William leaving royal air force search and rescue job
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Matt Dunham/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 12
- Photo: Nicolas Asfouri/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Rick Rycroft/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Vincent Thian/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex / Rex USA/Wonderwall9 of 12
- Photo: Stephen Morrison/Pool/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: NICOLAS ASFOURI/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- In the Wake of Longmire's Cancellation, What's Next for A&E?MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:00:00 AM
- Returning Favorites: Inside Scandal's Shocking New SeasonMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 4:00:00 AM
- 'Big Brother' Final Four Vote Puts Detonators Loyalty to the TestMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 2:13:00 AM
- Sony More Than Quadruples Loss Forecast to $2.15 Billion for Fiscal YearMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 12:19:00 AM
- Jessica Biel Helps 'New Girl' Embrace Single Life While 'Mindy Project&amMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 9:31:00 PM
- In the Wake of Longmire's Cancellation, What's Next for A&E?
Prince William has handed in his pink slip. The heir to the British throne, 30, has submitted his formal notice with the Search and Rescue Force at Royal Air Force Valley in Anglesey, Wales, a military source exclusively tells Us Weekly. The helicopter pilot's current tour with the RAF concludes this summer.
"William is ready to take on new challenges -- as a royal and within the armed forces," the insider explains. Indeed, come July, William and his pregnant wife, Duchess Kate, will take on the biggest new challenge of all: parenthood!
The source adds that William "will be making an announcement within the next month and leave RAF Valley around the time of the birth."
"The decision as to what the duke will do once his current tour with the Search and Rescue Force comes to an end in late summer is still with the Duke himself," William's press officer explained to Us when asked about the royal's career plans. (It was announced on Tues., March 26 that Britain's search and rescue helicopter service is set to be privatized, after being operated by the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force for more than 50 years. Texas-based firm Bristow scored the winning bid to operate Britain's SAR going forward.)
This week, William and Kate, 31, are spending some "time together" at their Anglesey cottage, another source tells Us. It's actually the Duchess of Cambridge's first stay in Anglesey since she became pregnant late last year. "She is feeling great at the moment," the source adds.
Until now, Kate and William have endured a modified long distance scenario during the pregnancy -- with the duchess staying behind at their Kensington Palace residence in London. "William wishes he could be there with Kate more, but it's not possible every day," a royal source says. "They make it work as best they can."
During William's absences, the mom-to-be has been tending to her charity engagements and patronages -- and honing her Photoshop skills. "She has been working away on a photo project that she's not telling anyone about yet," the source says.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite