Prince William leaving royal air force search and rescue job
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Matt Dunham/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 12
- Photo: Nicolas Asfouri/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Rick Rycroft/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Vincent Thian/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex / Rex USA/Wonderwall9 of 12
- Photo: Stephen Morrison/Pool/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: NICOLAS ASFOURI/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Prince William has handed in his pink slip. The heir to the British throne, 30, has submitted his formal notice with the Search and Rescue Force at Royal Air Force Valley in Anglesey, Wales, a military source exclusively tells Us Weekly. The helicopter pilot's current tour with the RAF concludes this summer.
"William is ready to take on new challenges -- as a royal and within the armed forces," the insider explains. Indeed, come July, William and his pregnant wife, Duchess Kate, will take on the biggest new challenge of all: parenthood!
The source adds that William "will be making an announcement within the next month and leave RAF Valley around the time of the birth."
"The decision as to what the duke will do once his current tour with the Search and Rescue Force comes to an end in late summer is still with the Duke himself," William's press officer explained to Us when asked about the royal's career plans. (It was announced on Tues., March 26 that Britain's search and rescue helicopter service is set to be privatized, after being operated by the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force for more than 50 years. Texas-based firm Bristow scored the winning bid to operate Britain's SAR going forward.)
This week, William and Kate, 31, are spending some "time together" at their Anglesey cottage, another source tells Us. It's actually the Duchess of Cambridge's first stay in Anglesey since she became pregnant late last year. "She is feeling great at the moment," the source adds.
Until now, Kate and William have endured a modified long distance scenario during the pregnancy -- with the duchess staying behind at their Kensington Palace residence in London. "William wishes he could be there with Kate more, but it's not possible every day," a royal source says. "They make it work as best they can."
During William's absences, the mom-to-be has been tending to her charity engagements and patronages -- and honing her Photoshop skills. "She has been working away on a photo project that she's not telling anyone about yet," the source says.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite