Prince William picks godfather for baby George
- Photo: GettyImages.com1 of 18
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Paul Lewis/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: Back Page Images/Paul Grover/Rex USA4 of 18
- Photo: Today.com/.5 of 18
- Photo: Paul Lewis/Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: Zak Hussein/WENN7 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 18
- Photo: ECAA/ZDS/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: GettyImages.com10 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 18
- Photo: Paul Grover/Rex/Rex USA13 of 18
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: ZH1/ZJE/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: ZH1/ZJE/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Coroner: Peaches Geldof Died of Heroin OverdoseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson Interview
British royal Prince William has reportedly chosen his party-loving pal, Guy Pelly, to be godfather to Prince George.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Prince William is set to choose Pelly as one of six godparents for the newborn, in line with royal tradition.
The 31-year-old businessman, who organized William's stag party, could prove to be a controversial choice as he is currently facing trial over a drunken driving charge, which he denies.
He has been a close confidant to both William and his brother, Prince Harry, for many years.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "He is thrilled to bits about being picked and everyone was congratulating him. He's been told informally by the prince. Guy's been a very discreet and good friend to William over the years. Those are qualities he wants to pass to George."
The other five close associates rumored to be lined up as godparents are Prince Harry, Prince William's sister-in-law, Pippa Middleton, and the royal couple's pals James Meade, Alicia Fox-Pitt and Thomas van Straubenzee.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite