Prince William plays polo as baby watch heats up
- Photo: Paul Terry/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Paul Terry/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: DSDD/JRAB/ZOB/ZDF/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Chris Jackson/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA7 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: NICOLAS ASFOURI/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
LONDON (AP) — His wife may be due to have her baby soon, but Prince William isn't one to sit tight and wait for the news -- instead, he's off playing polo.
Many in the British press have predicted that the first child of the prince and the Duchess of Cambridge, formerly known as Kate Middleton, is expected to arrive on Sunday, July 14. Dozens of bleary-eyed photographers and cameramen have been standing guard around the clock on royal baby watch outside St. Mary's Hospital in London.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
But the prince was enjoying a game of polo with his brother Prince Harry at a charity match at Cirencester Park Polo Club, almost 100 miles west of the capital, on Sunday.
William appeared relaxed and was seen greeting locals who went up to meet him in footage broadcast on Sky News.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
According to bookmaker William Hill, most people are betting money on a royal birth Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.
Officials have said that the baby is due around mid-July, but have not released a due date. The birth, when it does come, will be announced by a bulletin posted on a wooden easel placed outside Buckingham Palace.
It's a time-honored royal tradition -- the birth of William's father, Prince Charles, was announced the same way in 1948. This time, however, officials have adapted to modern times by adding a simultaneous announcement on Twitter, so that millions around the world can get the news within seconds.
Rupert Adams, spokesman for William Hill, said that the most fervent betting has been on the name of the baby. Alexandra, Charlotte, Elizabeth and George are among the top contenders so far, he said.
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite