Prince William plays polo as baby watch heats up
- Photo: Paul Terry/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Paul Terry/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: DSDD/JRAB/ZOB/ZDF/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Chris Jackson/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex / Rex USA/Rex USA7 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: NICOLAS ASFOURI/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, Subject of Oscar-Nominated Film, Dead at 76MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 9:26:00 AM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Rides Faith-Based Wave to Big Easter Score at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 9:13:00 AM
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:44:00 AM
- 'Captain America' Crushes Johnny Depp, Holds Off 'Heaven Is for Real&MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:28:00 AM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, Subject of Oscar-Nominated Film, Dead at 76
LONDON (AP) — His wife may be due to have her baby soon, but Prince William isn't one to sit tight and wait for the news -- instead, he's off playing polo.
Many in the British press have predicted that the first child of the prince and the Duchess of Cambridge, formerly known as Kate Middleton, is expected to arrive on Sunday, July 14. Dozens of bleary-eyed photographers and cameramen have been standing guard around the clock on royal baby watch outside St. Mary's Hospital in London.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
But the prince was enjoying a game of polo with his brother Prince Harry at a charity match at Cirencester Park Polo Club, almost 100 miles west of the capital, on Sunday.
William appeared relaxed and was seen greeting locals who went up to meet him in footage broadcast on Sky News.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
According to bookmaker William Hill, most people are betting money on a royal birth Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.
Officials have said that the baby is due around mid-July, but have not released a due date. The birth, when it does come, will be announced by a bulletin posted on a wooden easel placed outside Buckingham Palace.
It's a time-honored royal tradition -- the birth of William's father, Prince Charles, was announced the same way in 1948. This time, however, officials have adapted to modern times by adding a simultaneous announcement on Twitter, so that millions around the world can get the news within seconds.
Rupert Adams, spokesman for William Hill, said that the most fervent betting has been on the name of the baby. Alexandra, Charlotte, Elizabeth and George are among the top contenders so far, he said.
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite