Prince William: Prince George Is 'Loud' and 'Very Good Looking'
- Photo: ZH1/ZJE/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: DSM/ZDS/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 13
- Photo: John Stillwell/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA7 of 13
- Photo: CHAB/MYA/ZDS/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: Matt Baron-Pool/Getty Images North America10 of 13
- Photo: DSDD/JRAB/ZOB/ZDF/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Robert F. Bukaty/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Royal LOLs -- courtesy of new dad the Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, of course! Appearing at the Anglesey Show on Wednesday, Prince William made his first public speech since his wife, Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, gave birth to their son, Prince George, on July 22 -- and the 31-year-old new father kept the crowd in stitches speaking a bit of Welsh and revealing new tidbits about his royal bundle of joy.
"My Welsh pronunciation is bad, but it is slowly getting better, I hope," he said at the countyfair-like event, where he interacted with animals and thanked the people of Anglesey, Wales, where he and Kate have lived during his stint at the Royal Air Force Base there. "Catherine is sorry that she cannot be here today at the County Show," he said of his wife, 31. "But she and George would have loved to have been here. He's pretty loud but, of course, very good looking!"
One day after George's birth at St. Mary's in London, the family of three decamped from Kensington Palace for a long sojourn at the Middleton family's home in the relative peace and quiet of suburban Bucklebury. William confided to the crowd that parenthood is fun -- if more than a little exhausting. "I have to say that I thought Search and Rescue duties over Snowdonia were physically and mentally demanding, but looking after a 3-week-old baby is up there!" he joked.
Thanking the people of Anglesey -- they are moving to London full-time imminently -- he added gratefully: "I know that I speak for Catherine when I say that I have never in my life known somewhere as beautiful and as welcoming as Anglesey. The views across the Menai Straits are undoubtedly among the most stunning in the British Isles. I know that both of us will miss it terribly when my search and rescue tour of duty comes to an end next month and we have to move elsewhere."
Said the pilot prince: "From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making my wife and me so welcome when we arrived here, as you do thousands of visitors each year. This island has been our first home together, and it will always be an immensely special place for us both. Catherine and I look forward to returning again and again over the coming years with our family."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite