Prince William Will Inherit $15.5 Million on 30th Birthday
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Richard Young/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: Tim Hales/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 18
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: GettyImages.com10 of 18
- Photo: AH2/ZJE/WENN11 of 18
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Wonderwall12 of 18
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: BAUER-GRIFFIN/.14 of 18
- Photo: Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Andy Cohen Dishes on Five Years of Watch What Happens LiveMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:01:00 AM
- US Television Productions in Israel Working Under Threat of Rocket AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 1:39:00 AM
- 'Big Brother': Everything Blows Up at Volatile Power of Veto MeetingMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 12:58:00 AM
- Emmy Nominations: TheWrap's Live BlogMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 8:47:00 PM
- Party Report: 7 Days in a McMansion Hulu Shot "Real Housewives" Spoof "MSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 7:17:00 PM
- Andy Cohen Dishes on Five Years of Watch What Happens Live
Prince William will have lots to celebrate when he turns the big 3-0 on Thursday June 21: his stunning, totally besotted wife, Duchess Kate; his new status as an operational captain in the Royal Air Force Search and Rescue Force; a fun, busy summer and fall that includes the London Olympics and a royal tour of Asia; and an extra $15.5 million in the bank!
In honor of his 30th birthday, the duke of Cambridge will inherit his share of the estate of his late mother, Princess Diana. Diana, who died at age 36 in an August 1997 car crash, left sons William and Harry the lion's share of her estate: stocks and shares, jewelry, money from her divorce settlement from Prince Charles, dresses and other personal belongings from her apartment at Kensington Palace in London.
Not that William and Kate, 30, live super-lavishly given their royal status: The duchess, shockingly, owns only one pair of her beloved nude L.K. Bennett pumps, which she even had re-soled last summer. As for the royal fashionista's wardrobe (including many pieces she unabashedly recycles)? She buys all the stuff herself!
Per royal edict, the duchess is forbidden from accepting freebies, although she can accept discounts on custom-made royal ensembles.
No word yet on how the twosome will celebrate William's big day. One of their favorite things to do together? "She'll order movies from Amazon for them to watch on the couch," a source tells Us.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Justin Timberlake, Kristen Bell and more stars enjoying summery activities -- from golf and tennis to romps on the beach and more!Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian and more pregnant stars show off their baby bumps over the holiday weekend on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHorsing Around
From Crowd Ignite