Prince William Will Inherit $15.5 Million on 30th Birthday
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Richard Young/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: Tim Hales/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 18
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: GettyImages.com10 of 18
- Photo: AH2/ZJE/WENN11 of 18
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Wonderwall12 of 18
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: BAUER-GRIFFIN/.14 of 18
- Photo: Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
Prince William will have lots to celebrate when he turns the big 3-0 on Thursday June 21: his stunning, totally besotted wife, Duchess Kate; his new status as an operational captain in the Royal Air Force Search and Rescue Force; a fun, busy summer and fall that includes the London Olympics and a royal tour of Asia; and an extra $15.5 million in the bank!
In honor of his 30th birthday, the duke of Cambridge will inherit his share of the estate of his late mother, Princess Diana. Diana, who died at age 36 in an August 1997 car crash, left sons William and Harry the lion's share of her estate: stocks and shares, jewelry, money from her divorce settlement from Prince Charles, dresses and other personal belongings from her apartment at Kensington Palace in London.
Not that William and Kate, 30, live super-lavishly given their royal status: The duchess, shockingly, owns only one pair of her beloved nude L.K. Bennett pumps, which she even had re-soled last summer. As for the royal fashionista's wardrobe (including many pieces she unabashedly recycles)? She buys all the stuff herself!
Per royal edict, the duchess is forbidden from accepting freebies, although she can accept discounts on custom-made royal ensembles.
No word yet on how the twosome will celebrate William's big day. One of their favorite things to do together? "She'll order movies from Amazon for them to watch on the couch," a source tells Us.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite