Prince William Will Inherit $15.5 Million on 30th Birthday
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Richard Young/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: Tim Hales/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 18
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: GettyImages.com10 of 18
- Photo: AH2/ZJE/WENN11 of 18
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Wonderwall12 of 18
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: BAUER-GRIFFIN/.14 of 18
- Photo: Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New PresidentMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:44:54 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Second Night Draws Steady RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:31:40 AM
- Fox COO Chase Carey: 'A La Carte Cable is a Farce'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:28:45 AM
- How McG Lured Producer Lance Sloane Back to Warner Bros. With 'Aim High'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:27:11 AM
- Dan Rather Says CBS News Has 'A Lot to Answer' About '60 Minutes&aposMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:00:48 AM
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New President
Prince William will have lots to celebrate when he turns the big 3-0 on Thursday June 21: his stunning, totally besotted wife, Duchess Kate; his new status as an operational captain in the Royal Air Force Search and Rescue Force; a fun, busy summer and fall that includes the London Olympics and a royal tour of Asia; and an extra $15.5 million in the bank!
In honor of his 30th birthday, the duke of Cambridge will inherit his share of the estate of his late mother, Princess Diana. Diana, who died at age 36 in an August 1997 car crash, left sons William and Harry the lion's share of her estate: stocks and shares, jewelry, money from her divorce settlement from Prince Charles, dresses and other personal belongings from her apartment at Kensington Palace in London.
Not that William and Kate, 30, live super-lavishly given their royal status: The duchess, shockingly, owns only one pair of her beloved nude L.K. Bennett pumps, which she even had re-soled last summer. As for the royal fashionista's wardrobe (including many pieces she unabashedly recycles)? She buys all the stuff herself!
Per royal edict, the duchess is forbidden from accepting freebies, although she can accept discounts on custom-made royal ensembles.
No word yet on how the twosome will celebrate William's big day. One of their favorite things to do together? "She'll order movies from Amazon for them to watch on the couch," a source tells Us.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite