Princess Diana's brother Charles Spencer congratulates Prince William on son's birth
- Photo: Tom Meinelt/Splash News1 of 5
- Photo: STAFF/Reuters2 of 5
- Photo: JOHN STILLWELL/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Jasper Juinen/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Charles Spencer couldn't be happier for his nephew Prince William, who welcomed his firstborn son with Duchess Kate at St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday. "We're all so pleased," says Spencer, younger brother of the late Princess Diana. "It's wonderful news."
Recalling his own sister's birth in July 1961, Spencer tells Us Weekly in a statement, "My father [John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer] always told us how Diana was born on just such a blisteringly hot day, at Sandringham, in July 1961." Now that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are parents, he says, "It's another very happy summer's day, half a century on."
Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer, has four children with ex-wife Victoria Lockwood: Lady Kitty Eleanor, 22, twins Lady Eliza Victoria and Lady Amelia, 21, and Louis Frederick John, Viscount Althorp, 19. He has two children with his second wife, Caroline Freud: The Hon. Edmund Charles, 9, and Lady Lara Caroline, 7.
After marrying Canadian philanthropist Karen Gordon in June 2011, Spencer, 49, and his wife welcomed Lady Charlotte Diana on July 30, 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite