Princess Diana's brother Charles Spencer congratulates Prince William on son's birth
- Photo: Tom Meinelt/Splash News1 of 5
- Photo: STAFF/Reuters2 of 5
- Photo: JOHN STILLWELL/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Jasper Juinen/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
Charles Spencer couldn't be happier for his nephew Prince William, who welcomed his firstborn son with Duchess Kate at St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday. "We're all so pleased," says Spencer, younger brother of the late Princess Diana. "It's wonderful news."
Recalling his own sister's birth in July 1961, Spencer tells Us Weekly in a statement, "My father [John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer] always told us how Diana was born on just such a blisteringly hot day, at Sandringham, in July 1961." Now that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are parents, he says, "It's another very happy summer's day, half a century on."
Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer, has four children with ex-wife Victoria Lockwood: Lady Kitty Eleanor, 22, twins Lady Eliza Victoria and Lady Amelia, 21, and Louis Frederick John, Viscount Althorp, 19. He has two children with his second wife, Caroline Freud: The Hon. Edmund Charles, 9, and Lady Lara Caroline, 7.
After marrying Canadian philanthropist Karen Gordon in June 2011, Spencer, 49, and his wife welcomed Lady Charlotte Diana on July 30, 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite