Queen Elizabeth II Invites Duchess Kate's Parents to Royal Christmas Gathering
- Photo: Oli Scarff/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: WENN2 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex / Rex USA/Wonderwall6 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA7 of 17
- Photo: KPB/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 17
- Photo: WENN10 of 17
- Photo: WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: BBC/.13 of 17
- Photo: WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Talk about an offer you can't refuse!
In an unprecedented move, Queen Elizabeth II has extended an invitation to Duchess Kate's parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, to be the first-ever non-royals to join her family's annual Christmas gathering at the Sandringham Estate. The bid breaks with decades of tradition, since the celebration until now has been an exclusively royal affair.
The "difficult time," of course, refers to Middleton's struggles with hyperemesis gravidarum, an acute form of morning sickness. The duchess, 30, was hospitalized with the condition earlier this month and has since been forced to bow out of several planned engagements as she recovers at home.
That said, the royal mom-to-be has been feeling increasingly healthier in recent days. On Dec. 16, she attended the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards -- her first official public appearance since announcing her pregnancy -- where she told former soccer player Gary Lineker she was feeling "very well." Two days later, she and her husband, also 30, hosted a low-key holiday lunch for 27 members of their staff at the Bumpkin restaurant in London's Notting Hill neighborhood.
Still, insiders tell Us that the duchess is taking her schedule day by day and won't finalize Christmas plans "until the night before or the morning of. It depends [on] how she feels," an aide says. "And if Catherine doesn't go, William probably won't either."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Queen Elizabeth II Invites Kate Middleton's Parents to Royal Christmas Gathering
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite