Queen Elizabeth II Invites Duchess Kate's Parents to Royal Christmas Gathering
- Photo: Oli Scarff/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: WENN2 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex / Rex USA/Wonderwall6 of 17
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA7 of 17
- Photo: KPB/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 17
- Photo: WENN10 of 17
- Photo: WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: BBC/.13 of 17
- Photo: WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 17
- Photo: ARTHUR EDWARDS/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
Talk about an offer you can't refuse!
In an unprecedented move, Queen Elizabeth II has extended an invitation to Duchess Kate's parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, to be the first-ever non-royals to join her family's annual Christmas gathering at the Sandringham Estate. The bid breaks with decades of tradition, since the celebration until now has been an exclusively royal affair.
The "difficult time," of course, refers to Middleton's struggles with hyperemesis gravidarum, an acute form of morning sickness. The duchess, 30, was hospitalized with the condition earlier this month and has since been forced to bow out of several planned engagements as she recovers at home.
That said, the royal mom-to-be has been feeling increasingly healthier in recent days. On Dec. 16, she attended the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards -- her first official public appearance since announcing her pregnancy -- where she told former soccer player Gary Lineker she was feeling "very well." Two days later, she and her husband, also 30, hosted a low-key holiday lunch for 27 members of their staff at the Bumpkin restaurant in London's Notting Hill neighborhood.
Still, insiders tell Us that the duchess is taking her schedule day by day and won't finalize Christmas plans "until the night before or the morning of. It depends [on] how she feels," an aide says. "And if Catherine doesn't go, William probably won't either."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Queen Elizabeth II Invites Kate Middleton's Parents to Royal Christmas Gathering
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite