Queen Elizabeth, Duchess Kate to team up for royal event
- Photo: Mark Stewart © Camera Press/Retna Ltd.1 of 15
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/StarTraks2 of 15
- Photo: Martin Meissner/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Mark Stewart © Camera Press/Retna Ltd.5 of 15
- Photo: Mark Stewart / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.8 of 15
- Photo: Charlie Riedel/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Mark Stewart © Camera Press/Retna Ltd.10 of 15
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Pretty Little Liars Finale Postmortem: A's Latest Victim Speaks Out!MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Jeremy Irvine, Minka Kelly Thriller 'The World Made Straight' Acquired by MillenniMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:06:00 AM
- Drafthouse Films, Participant Media Acquire US Rights to 'The Look of Silence'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- David Frankel to Direct Sci-Fi Drama 'Departure'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman University
LONDON (AP) -- Queen Elizabeth II has a new sidekick for royal events: The Duchess of Cambridge.
RELATED: Kate Middleton: Fashion Hit or Miss
The upcoming appearances with the queen mark another foray into the public eye for the former Kate Middleton, who is stepping out more often while her husband Prince William is deployed as a helicopter search-and-rescue pilot in the remote Falkland Islands.
Buckingham Palace officials said Monday the duchess will join the queen and Prince Charles' wife Camilla on March 1 at the luxury department store Fortnum and Mason to visit a new restaurant. The royals are expected to have tea at the London landmark -- known for its fancy, well-stocked food hall and unveil a plaque commemorating efforts to renovate the Piccadilly Circus neighborhood.
The following week, the duchess plans to travel to the English city of Leicester with the queen and her husband, Prince Philip, as part of Diamond Jubilee celebrations to mark the queen's 60 years on the throne.
RELATED: Sexiest Couples of 2011
The duchess made her solo debut last week visiting a show of the late Lucian Freud's paintings in London.
Philip, 90, is expected to still keep up an extensive travel schedule during the Diamond Jubilee celebrations this year despite his heart scare over Christmas, which required a stent to keep his coronary arteries open.
The queen, 85, and Philip are planning an extensive tour of the United Kingdom, including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, as the jubilee unfolds.
They will not be traveling overseas as they did in earlier jubilees, but will send their children and grandchildren on jubilee visits to many Commonwealth countries.
The festivities are expected to reach a climax in early June with a flotilla on the River Thames, a gala concert in front of Buckingham Palace and a carriage procession through the streets of London following a service of thanksgiving.
RELATED: The Year in Celebrity News 2011
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite