Queen Elizabeth, Duchess Kate to team up for royal event
- Photo: Mark Stewart © Camera Press/Retna Ltd.1 of 15
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/StarTraks2 of 15
- Photo: Martin Meissner/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Mark Stewart © Camera Press/Retna Ltd.5 of 15
- Photo: Mark Stewart / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.8 of 15
- Photo: Charlie Riedel/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Mark Stewart © Camera Press/Retna Ltd.10 of 15
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: Samir Hussein/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Questions Future In ActingMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:50:00 AM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Questions Future In Acting
LONDON (AP) -- Queen Elizabeth II has a new sidekick for royal events: The Duchess of Cambridge.
RELATED: Kate Middleton: Fashion Hit or Miss
The upcoming appearances with the queen mark another foray into the public eye for the former Kate Middleton, who is stepping out more often while her husband Prince William is deployed as a helicopter search-and-rescue pilot in the remote Falkland Islands.
Buckingham Palace officials said Monday the duchess will join the queen and Prince Charles' wife Camilla on March 1 at the luxury department store Fortnum and Mason to visit a new restaurant. The royals are expected to have tea at the London landmark -- known for its fancy, well-stocked food hall and unveil a plaque commemorating efforts to renovate the Piccadilly Circus neighborhood.
The following week, the duchess plans to travel to the English city of Leicester with the queen and her husband, Prince Philip, as part of Diamond Jubilee celebrations to mark the queen's 60 years on the throne.
RELATED: Sexiest Couples of 2011
The duchess made her solo debut last week visiting a show of the late Lucian Freud's paintings in London.
Philip, 90, is expected to still keep up an extensive travel schedule during the Diamond Jubilee celebrations this year despite his heart scare over Christmas, which required a stent to keep his coronary arteries open.
The queen, 85, and Philip are planning an extensive tour of the United Kingdom, including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, as the jubilee unfolds.
They will not be traveling overseas as they did in earlier jubilees, but will send their children and grandchildren on jubilee visits to many Commonwealth countries.
The festivities are expected to reach a climax in early June with a flotilla on the River Thames, a gala concert in front of Buckingham Palace and a carriage procession through the streets of London following a service of thanksgiving.
RELATED: The Year in Celebrity News 2011
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite