Sara Rue: I Don't Feel Pressured to Lose My Baby Weight
Unlike many of her Hollywood peers, new mom Sara Rue isn't on the fast-track to shed unwanted pregnancy pounds one month after welcoming daughter Talulah. In fact, the Malibu Country star tells Us Weekly she's putting her workouts on the back burner and opting instead to bond with her baby.
"I feel ashamed of Hollywood for that pressure they put on women. It's awful," Rue, 34, told Us in January, mere weeks before Talulah's Feb. 9 arrival. "I fight the conflict that I have in my own brain over that every day about baby weight and it's the last thing you should be thinking about. Some women give birth and then two weeks later look amazing. I don't think I'm going to be one of those women, and I'm okay with that," reasoned Rue. "I just want to be a good mom, I don't really care about having a hot bod."
The actress -- married to Kevin Price since 2011 -- famously lost 50 pounds in seven months with Jenny Craig and ran a half-marathon before her wedding, but tells Us she's taking it slow and easing back into her workout routine post-pregnancy. One mommy must-have that will make her slim down easier when she's ready to work out: A jogging stroller that came courtesy of Rue's Malibu Country costar -- and Talulah's honorary aunt -- Reba McEntire.
"Reba threw me a baby shower at work, it was really fun, and she got me a jogging stroller, which I'm very excited to try out," Rue told Us before giving birth. "I was a big runner before I got pregnant and I had to stop running. I was telling her how last year I had done a half-marathon and this year I'm barely making it around the block -- it's kind of sad. So she bought me the jogger."
Rue may not have laced up her sneakers as often as she would have liked during her pregnancy, but she still kept active -- by setting up a DIY nursery for Talulah to come home to! "We did it ourselves, and I was very proud!" Rue explained of her daughter's room, which features a mint green and pink color scheme with a giant tree stenciled on the wall as a centerpiece. Says the new mom, clearly impressed with her undertaking: "Once you delve into that baby world, a whole new world opens. The amount of cute...sometimes you can't even handle it!"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Sara Rue: I Don't Feel Pressured to Lose My Baby Weight
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite