Tiger Woods gets tipsy, embarrasses Lindsey Vonn at Met Gala afterparty
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Facebook/Lindsey Vonn/.2 of 9
- Photo: Lenny Ignelzi/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: AR4/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: PAUL SAKUMA/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on TwitterMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:30:00 PM
- NBC's 'Constantine' Casts Mexican-American Star as ZedMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:24:00 PM
- Telenovela Star Angelica Celaya Cast as Zed on ConstantineMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:42:00 PM
- 'Real Housewives of NJ's' Dina Manzo on Haters: 'I Don'MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:24:00 PM
- The Mysteries of Laura Promises Drama, Comedy and ... Barf!MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:06:00 PM
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on Twitter
Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn's first night out together in the Big Apple didn't exactly go without a hitch. After walking the red carpet amid a sea of celebrities for the annual Costume Institute gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the talked-about couple headed downtown for a star-studded afterparty at the Boom Boom Room, held at the top of the Standard Hotel.
Looking stunning in a long white dress with high see-through slits in the front, the blond ski champ, 28, confidently steered her golfer beau, 37, through the formidable crowd. (Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Chris Brown, Solange Knowles and Kate Upton were just a few of the boldfaced attendees.)
"Tiger looked uncomfortable," an onlooker at the Boom Boom Room says. The twosome checked out the Manhattan skyline (with a tux-clad Woods embracing Vonn from behind) and then took their seats, where they chatted, drank, held hands and kissed for much the night. At one point in the evening, the once-divorced golfer got up to dance awkwardly, bopping from side to side and grabbing Vonn's butt affectionately as she giggled.
When it was time to go, around 2 a.m., a seemingly tipsy Woods fell while walking up a small flight of stairs -- and didn't move from the spot until Vonn, clenching her teeth and looking embarrassed, helped him up and guided him (swaying a bit as he walked) to the exit, according to a witness.
In their red-carpet debut as a couple, the pair attended the Met gala as guests of Vogue; the magazine dressed both of the athletes, who declined interviews with reporters on the carpet.
"Lindsey and I have been friends for some time, but over the last few months we have become very close and are now dating," Woods wrote when he and Vonn announced their relationship via Facebook last March. He famously split from wife Elin Nordegren back in 2010 following an epic cheating scandal.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite