Tiger Woods gets tipsy, embarrasses Lindsey Vonn at Met Gala afterparty
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Facebook/Lindsey Vonn/.2 of 9
- Photo: Lenny Ignelzi/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: AR4/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: PAUL SAKUMA/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn's first night out together in the Big Apple didn't exactly go without a hitch. After walking the red carpet amid a sea of celebrities for the annual Costume Institute gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the talked-about couple headed downtown for a star-studded afterparty at the Boom Boom Room, held at the top of the Standard Hotel.
Looking stunning in a long white dress with high see-through slits in the front, the blond ski champ, 28, confidently steered her golfer beau, 37, through the formidable crowd. (Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Chris Brown, Solange Knowles and Kate Upton were just a few of the boldfaced attendees.)
"Tiger looked uncomfortable," an onlooker at the Boom Boom Room says. The twosome checked out the Manhattan skyline (with a tux-clad Woods embracing Vonn from behind) and then took their seats, where they chatted, drank, held hands and kissed for much the night. At one point in the evening, the once-divorced golfer got up to dance awkwardly, bopping from side to side and grabbing Vonn's butt affectionately as she giggled.
When it was time to go, around 2 a.m., a seemingly tipsy Woods fell while walking up a small flight of stairs -- and didn't move from the spot until Vonn, clenching her teeth and looking embarrassed, helped him up and guided him (swaying a bit as he walked) to the exit, according to a witness.
In their red-carpet debut as a couple, the pair attended the Met gala as guests of Vogue; the magazine dressed both of the athletes, who declined interviews with reporters on the carpet.
"Lindsey and I have been friends for some time, but over the last few months we have become very close and are now dating," Woods wrote when he and Vonn announced their relationship via Facebook last March. He famously split from wife Elin Nordegren back in 2010 following an epic cheating scandal.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite