Tiger Woods gets tipsy, embarrasses Lindsey Vonn at Met Gala afterparty
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Facebook/Lindsey Vonn/.2 of 9
- Photo: Lenny Ignelzi/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: AR4/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: PAUL SAKUMA/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn's first night out together in the Big Apple didn't exactly go without a hitch. After walking the red carpet amid a sea of celebrities for the annual Costume Institute gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the talked-about couple headed downtown for a star-studded afterparty at the Boom Boom Room, held at the top of the Standard Hotel.
Looking stunning in a long white dress with high see-through slits in the front, the blond ski champ, 28, confidently steered her golfer beau, 37, through the formidable crowd. (Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Chris Brown, Solange Knowles and Kate Upton were just a few of the boldfaced attendees.)
"Tiger looked uncomfortable," an onlooker at the Boom Boom Room says. The twosome checked out the Manhattan skyline (with a tux-clad Woods embracing Vonn from behind) and then took their seats, where they chatted, drank, held hands and kissed for much the night. At one point in the evening, the once-divorced golfer got up to dance awkwardly, bopping from side to side and grabbing Vonn's butt affectionately as she giggled.
When it was time to go, around 2 a.m., a seemingly tipsy Woods fell while walking up a small flight of stairs -- and didn't move from the spot until Vonn, clenching her teeth and looking embarrassed, helped him up and guided him (swaying a bit as he walked) to the exit, according to a witness.
In their red-carpet debut as a couple, the pair attended the Met gala as guests of Vogue; the magazine dressed both of the athletes, who declined interviews with reporters on the carpet.
"Lindsey and I have been friends for some time, but over the last few months we have become very close and are now dating," Woods wrote when he and Vonn announced their relationship via Facebook last March. He famously split from wife Elin Nordegren back in 2010 following an epic cheating scandal.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Rocknroll
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite