Watch Duchess Kate Give Her First Speech Overseas
- Photo: APL/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: APL/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: APL/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA4 of 19
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA5 of 19
- Photo: Stephen Morrison/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Eddie Mulholland/Rex/Rex USA7 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 19
- Photo: Solar Pix/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 19
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin10 of 19
- Photo: Vanity Fair11 of 19
- Photo: APL/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/StarTraks13 of 19
- Photo: BAR/StarTraks14 of 19
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/StarTraks15 of 19
- Photo: Tim Hales/Invision/AP16 of 19
- Photo: APL/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: APL/WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Mia Hansen-Love's EDM Movie 'Eden' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 10:56:00 AM
- Chelsea Handler's Dog Is a Lion King in Teaser for Netflix Comedy Special (Photo)MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:43:00 AM
- Aaron Paul Joins Jamie Dornan in Miramax's 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:32:00 AM
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers — See How Scorpion and Forever DidMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:26:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:09 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:09:53 AM
- Mia Hansen-Love's EDM Movie 'Eden' Lands U.S. Distribution
The duchess speaks once again!
Although she's been photographed thousands of times, Duchess Kate is rarely heard: The duchess spoke in a November 2010 interview following her engagement to Prince William, and earlier this year she gave a speech at East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
On Thursday, the 30-year-old royal gave a graceful public speech -- her first outside Britain -- at the Hospis Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur. (She and William, 30, arrived there Thursday from Singapore.)
"I have learned that delivering the best possible palliative care to children is vital," the duchess says in the video, which can be seen by clicking here. "Providing children and their families with a place of support, care and enhancement at a time of great need is simply life-changing. With effective palliative care, lives can be transformed. Treatment, support, care and advice can provide a lifeline to families at a time of great need."
During her visit to the facility, Duchess Kate also found time to visit with Zakwan Anuar, a terminally ill young boy suffering from acute leukemia.
The 15-year-old even delayed a blood transfusion for 24 hours in order to meet the future queen. During their 15-minute chat, the duchess signed Zakwan's birthday card and told him he was "very, very brave" and "very handsome."
Said Zakwan's tearful mother, Norizan Sulong, of the restorative visit, "Zakwan is normally very sleepy and in pain, crying, almost giving up hope, but today, my God, it was as if the leukemia had gone."
"The duchess realized the hospice movement was something she could support and make a difference with and on an emotional level it's something she feels very strongly about as well," a royal aide told Us of her cause. "She is making a long-term commitment to this."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot Scots
From Crowd Ignite