Burke defends baby photo sale
- Photo: Hello! magazine/.1 of 10
- Photo: Splash/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital4 of 10
- Photo: Andrew Marks/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: Akira Suemori/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Ltd.8 of 10
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Digital9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
American model Samantha Burke has defended her decision to sell photos of Jude Law's love child to a magazine - insisting she needs the money to pay for her daughter's education.
The 24-year-old hit the headlines in September after giving birth to little Sophia, conceived during a brief fling with Law while he was filming new movie "Sherlock Holmes" in New York.
But even though the actor has pledged to financially support the child, Burke has netted a reported $270,000 from a deal with Hello! magazine for pictures of her posing with the tot.
Burke insists most of the money will be placed in trust to pay for Sophia's education, with the rest being donated to charity.
She says, "I can confirm that after months of constant requests from the media, I decided to share pictures of myself and Sophia with Hello! magazine. Both Sophia and I were compensated for the photographs, and will donate a portion of the compensation to the Ronald McDonald House to assist with the completion of their new facility in Pensacola, Florida.
"The majority of the compensation, paid to Sophia, will be placed in trust for her secondary education and well-being. I'm thrilled with the pictures of Sophia and pleased to announce that she is healthy, happy and deeply loved."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite