Burke defends baby photo sale
- Photo: Hello! magazine/.1 of 10
- Photo: Splash/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital4 of 10
- Photo: Andrew Marks/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: Akira Suemori/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Ltd.8 of 10
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Digital9 of 10
More Celeb News
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best T
American model Samantha Burke has defended her decision to sell photos of Jude Law's love child to a magazine - insisting she needs the money to pay for her daughter's education.
The 24-year-old hit the headlines in September after giving birth to little Sophia, conceived during a brief fling with Law while he was filming new movie "Sherlock Holmes" in New York.
But even though the actor has pledged to financially support the child, Burke has netted a reported $270,000 from a deal with Hello! magazine for pictures of her posing with the tot.
Burke insists most of the money will be placed in trust to pay for Sophia's education, with the rest being donated to charity.
She says, "I can confirm that after months of constant requests from the media, I decided to share pictures of myself and Sophia with Hello! magazine. Both Sophia and I were compensated for the photographs, and will donate a portion of the compensation to the Ronald McDonald House to assist with the completion of their new facility in Pensacola, Florida.
"The majority of the compensation, paid to Sophia, will be placed in trust for her secondary education and well-being. I'm thrilled with the pictures of Sophia and pleased to announce that she is healthy, happy and deeply loved."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite