Candice Bergen opens up about 2006 stroke
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: NBC3 of 5
- Photo: CBS Photo Archive/Hulton Archive/.4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Veteran actress Candice Bergen has finally come clean about her 2006 medical scare, revealing that she denied she had suffered a stroke because she didn't want her health to become "a liability."
Bergen, now 65, was reported to have been hospitalized for an apparent stroke, but her representative dismissed the claims, saying she was receiving treatment for high blood pressure.
Bergen confesses that the media had it right all along and that she just didn't want it to affect her career.
She tells New York Magazine, "I just don't want it to be a liability."
The actress took time off filming the TV drama "Boston Legal" to rest, and she bounced back after two weeks, but she says some aspects of her health still have not fully recovered.
She says, "My memory is just ... not quite the same."
Bergen was hospitalized again last winter after falling off a bicycle and breaking her pelvis, and the accident made her realize just how fragile her body has become: "(I thought), 'Wow, now I can fall and I'll break.'"
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite