Christian Siriano calls Melissa McCarthy 'difficult'
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Oh, snap! Christian Siriano isn't amused by Melissa McCarthy. The "Project Runway" season 4 winner is slamming the "Tammy" actress for recently saying that no designer wanted to dress her for the 2012 Oscars, claiming instead that he "met with her people" in an attempt to collaborate at the time.
"She and her stylist chose the fabric and the beading. Quite frankly she was quite difficult to work with," Siriano recently told the New York Daily News. "She wanted some specific things that I thought would not look good on her body. And she was not comfortable with them in the end."
McCarthy talked about her dress drama in the July issue of Redbook magazine, also noting why she decided to start her own plus-size clothing line this year.
"When I go shopping, most of the time I'm disappointed. Two Oscars ago, I couldn't find anybody to do a dress for me," she said of the 2012 Academy Awards, when she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in "Bridesmaids." "I asked five or six designers—very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people—and they all said no."
The "Mike & Molly" star eventually chose a custom blush-colored Marina Rinaldi gown to walk the red carpet. She accessorized with a Brian Atwood handbag and heels.
"I went to college for fashion and textiles," she said of the upcoming line. "I'm really excited to start that this year. It's going to be fun."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite