Gwyneth Paltrow Breaks Silence After Chris Martin Split, Expresses 'Deep Gratitude'
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Interstar/NPG3 of 16
- Photo: Interstar/NPG4 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Mario Magnani/GettyImages.com6 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America7 of 16
- Photo: Instagram8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 16
- Photo: TrickyD/Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Axel Schmidt/AP14 of 16
- Photo: gwynethpaltrow/Instagram15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
One bird, three meals -- and a side of gratitude, please. Three days after Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin announced their split, the Oscar-winning actress broke her silence about the breakup via her Goop lifestyle website.
On Friday, March 28, the "Glee" guest star took to her online journal with a post about chicken dinners. After a short introduction to the "delicious" recipes, she added a sweet but simple postscript: "P.S. CM and I in deep gratitude for the support of so many."
Paltrow, 41, and Coldplay singer Martin, 37, announced on Tuesday, March 25, that they had decided to part ways -- or, as it has come to be known, "consciously uncouple" -- after more than 10 years of marriage. "It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate," they said in a statement on Goop.
"We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us," the statement continued, "and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate."
Prior to the big announcement, the couple escaped to the Bahamas with their two kids, Apple, 9, and Moses, 7. "When only Gwyneth and Chris are together, there appears to be some tension," a source told Us of the trip. "But when the kids are with them, they appear to be one big happy family with no cares in the world."
That said, "there are no signs of any PDA , holding hands, or kissing on the beach," the insider added. "There was definitely a noticeably intimate distance."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite