NEW YORK (AP) -- "Jon &
Kate Plus 8" is about to be rechristened "Kate Plus Eight."
That's the word from the TLC network, which announced Tuesday that its hit
reality show will be adapting to changes in the Gosselin household, which for
months has been disrupted by the split-up of Jon and Kate.
The renamed "Kate Plus Eight" begins Nov. 2. It will continue to focus on the
lives of the young Gosselin twins and sextuplets but with a deeper focus on
Kate's role as a single mother.
TLC says Jon Gosselin will continue to appear on the show, but less
Only moments after TLC released the news this morning that Kate is moving on
without Jon, In Touch Weekly reported that Jon has
submitted court papers to suspend his split with Kate for 90 days.
Today, says In Touch, Jon submitted a document to a Pennsylvania
court-approved arbitrator asking for the delay: "Even though we were heading for
a divorce, it appeared that Kate had been suffering from this divorce as much as
I had. That's why I asked my attorney to put the brakes on this divorce so I
could try to regain control over the future of our family. So Kate and I could
join on a cooperative course that would benefit our family — not destroy it."
Jon and Kate were due to be officially divorced by the end of November, but
now he says, "I regret my conduct since Kate and I separated [on June 22]. I
used poor judgment in publicly socializing with other women so soon."
The couple made their separation official on an episode that aired in
The series, which airs Mondays at 9 p.m. Eastern, premiered in 2007.
Follow our news & gossip updates on Twitter @MSN_Entertain
More: Jon & Kate Plus 8 official fan site
padding: 14px 24px 0px 24px;
border: 1px solid #b3c9e0;
Photos: Jon and Kate GosselinView all »