Lawyer: Pitt and Jolie sue over split claim
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures1 of 8
- Photo: Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Empics/Promotional3 of 8
- Photo: Image Nouvelle/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Saleem Elatab-AhmadElatab/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- SXSW: Lionsgate Nabs Rights to Bigfoot Thriller 'Exists'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:21:00 AM
- 'Supernatural' Spinoff Casts 'Arrow' Alum in Final Lead Role, GeMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:00:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Roars to $17 Million First Day at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 8:32:00 AM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- SXSW: Lionsgate Nabs Rights to Bigfoot Thriller 'Exists'
RELATED: See more pics of Brad Pitt
Keith Schillings, of Schillings lawyers, said in a statement Monday that the celebrity couple had begun legal proceedings against the News of The World newspaper.
RELATED: See more pics of Angelina Jolie
The newspaper reported Jan. 24 that Pitt and Jolie had agreed to divide their assets and made arrangements over the custody of their children.
Schillings, whose firm is representing the unmarried couple, said the report involved "false and intrusive allegations." He said the tabloid failed to meet a demand for a retraction and apology.
He also said Sorrell Trope, a divorce lawyer in Los Angeles, denied claims she had been in contact with the couple.
From Crowd Ignite