Lawyer: Pitt and Jolie sue over split claim
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures1 of 8
- Photo: Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Empics/Promotional3 of 8
- Photo: Image Nouvelle/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Saleem Elatab-AhmadElatab/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
RELATED: See more pics of Brad Pitt
Keith Schillings, of Schillings lawyers, said in a statement Monday that the celebrity couple had begun legal proceedings against the News of The World newspaper.
RELATED: See more pics of Angelina Jolie
The newspaper reported Jan. 24 that Pitt and Jolie had agreed to divide their assets and made arrangements over the custody of their children.
Schillings, whose firm is representing the unmarried couple, said the report involved "false and intrusive allegations." He said the tabloid failed to meet a demand for a retraction and apology.
He also said Sorrell Trope, a divorce lawyer in Los Angeles, denied claims she had been in contact with the couple.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite