Meryl Streep's Daughter Mamie Gummer Splits With Husband Ben Walker
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: John Parra/Getty Images North America4 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Mamie Gummer's marriage is ending. The "Side Effects" actress -- who is Meryl Streep's daughter -- has split with husband Benjamin Walker, reps for both stars confirm exclusively to Us Weekly. "It's very amicable," Gummer's rep tells Us.
Adds another insider: "[The split] is very new."
Actors who've earned their chops on the Broadway stage as well as in TV and film, Gummer, 29, and the "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" star, 30, first announced their engagement to Us back in October 2009. Gummer told Us that Walker "surprised" her with a custom-made ring. "He did it on one knee!" she added at the time. "My mom loves him!"
They tied the knot nearly two years later, at her family's Connecticut estate, in July 2011, with stars like Claire Danes, Laura Linney and Tracey Ullman in attendance. The "Emily Owens, MD" star is the second eldest child of Oscar-winning actress Streep, 63, and sculptor husband Don Gummer, who have four children: musician Henry Gummer, 33, "Smash" actress Grace Gummer, 26, and student Louisa Gummer, 21.
The couple met while performing in the spring 2008 Broadway production of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses." "She was the Uma to my Keanu," Walker told New York magazine in a January 2013 interview. Walker is currently starring in a Broadway revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" opposite Scarlett Johansson -- and spoke fondly of his wife, with whom he shared a Brooklyn, New York, home during the New York magazine interview two months ago.
"She always worries about me in [press interviews] and rightfully so," said Walker, who texted his wife during the sit-down.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite