Meryl Streep's Daughter Mamie Gummer Splits With Husband Ben Walker
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: John Parra/Getty Images North America4 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Mamie Gummer's marriage is ending. The "Side Effects" actress -- who is Meryl Streep's daughter -- has split with husband Benjamin Walker, reps for both stars confirm exclusively to Us Weekly. "It's very amicable," Gummer's rep tells Us.
Adds another insider: "[The split] is very new."
Actors who've earned their chops on the Broadway stage as well as in TV and film, Gummer, 29, and the "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" star, 30, first announced their engagement to Us back in October 2009. Gummer told Us that Walker "surprised" her with a custom-made ring. "He did it on one knee!" she added at the time. "My mom loves him!"
They tied the knot nearly two years later, at her family's Connecticut estate, in July 2011, with stars like Claire Danes, Laura Linney and Tracey Ullman in attendance. The "Emily Owens, MD" star is the second eldest child of Oscar-winning actress Streep, 63, and sculptor husband Don Gummer, who have four children: musician Henry Gummer, 33, "Smash" actress Grace Gummer, 26, and student Louisa Gummer, 21.
The couple met while performing in the spring 2008 Broadway production of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses." "She was the Uma to my Keanu," Walker told New York magazine in a January 2013 interview. Walker is currently starring in a Broadway revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" opposite Scarlett Johansson -- and spoke fondly of his wife, with whom he shared a Brooklyn, New York, home during the New York magazine interview two months ago.
"She always worries about me in [press interviews] and rightfully so," said Walker, who texted his wife during the sit-down.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHilton Bust-Up
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite