Meryl Streep's Daughter Mamie Gummer Splits With Husband Ben Walker
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: John Parra/Getty Images North America4 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
Mamie Gummer's marriage is ending. The "Side Effects" actress -- who is Meryl Streep's daughter -- has split with husband Benjamin Walker, reps for both stars confirm exclusively to Us Weekly. "It's very amicable," Gummer's rep tells Us.
Adds another insider: "[The split] is very new."
Actors who've earned their chops on the Broadway stage as well as in TV and film, Gummer, 29, and the "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" star, 30, first announced their engagement to Us back in October 2009. Gummer told Us that Walker "surprised" her with a custom-made ring. "He did it on one knee!" she added at the time. "My mom loves him!"
They tied the knot nearly two years later, at her family's Connecticut estate, in July 2011, with stars like Claire Danes, Laura Linney and Tracey Ullman in attendance. The "Emily Owens, MD" star is the second eldest child of Oscar-winning actress Streep, 63, and sculptor husband Don Gummer, who have four children: musician Henry Gummer, 33, "Smash" actress Grace Gummer, 26, and student Louisa Gummer, 21.
The couple met while performing in the spring 2008 Broadway production of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses." "She was the Uma to my Keanu," Walker told New York magazine in a January 2013 interview. Walker is currently starring in a Broadway revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" opposite Scarlett Johansson -- and spoke fondly of his wife, with whom he shared a Brooklyn, New York, home during the New York magazine interview two months ago.
"She always worries about me in [press interviews] and rightfully so," said Walker, who texted his wife during the sit-down.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite