Meryl Streep's Daughter Mamie Gummer Splits With Husband Ben Walker
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: John Parra/Getty Images North America4 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After StandinMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Jack O'Connell Thriller '71' Acquired by Roadside Attractions, Black LabeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Extant Exclusive: Louis Gossett Jr. to Play Halle Berry's FatherMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- 'Believe' Review: a Good Girl in Need of Darth VaderMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:18:00 PM
- 12 Years a Slave Screenwriter "Regrets" Not Thanking Director Amid FeudMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:17:00 PM
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After Standin
Mamie Gummer's marriage is ending. The "Side Effects" actress -- who is Meryl Streep's daughter -- has split with husband Benjamin Walker, reps for both stars confirm exclusively to Us Weekly. "It's very amicable," Gummer's rep tells Us.
Adds another insider: "[The split] is very new."
Actors who've earned their chops on the Broadway stage as well as in TV and film, Gummer, 29, and the "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" star, 30, first announced their engagement to Us back in October 2009. Gummer told Us that Walker "surprised" her with a custom-made ring. "He did it on one knee!" she added at the time. "My mom loves him!"
They tied the knot nearly two years later, at her family's Connecticut estate, in July 2011, with stars like Claire Danes, Laura Linney and Tracey Ullman in attendance. The "Emily Owens, MD" star is the second eldest child of Oscar-winning actress Streep, 63, and sculptor husband Don Gummer, who have four children: musician Henry Gummer, 33, "Smash" actress Grace Gummer, 26, and student Louisa Gummer, 21.
The couple met while performing in the spring 2008 Broadway production of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses." "She was the Uma to my Keanu," Walker told New York magazine in a January 2013 interview. Walker is currently starring in a Broadway revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" opposite Scarlett Johansson -- and spoke fondly of his wife, with whom he shared a Brooklyn, New York, home during the New York magazine interview two months ago.
"She always worries about me in [press interviews] and rightfully so," said Walker, who texted his wife during the sit-down.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite