- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.1 of 8
- Photo: Doug Peters / PA Photos/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: David Atlas/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- VIDEO: Watch the First Five Minutes of Lifetime's Saved By the Bell MovieMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:31:00 AM
- 'Sin City' Sequel Arrives DOA as 'If I Stay' Tries to Hold Off &MSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 7:51:00 AM
- John Lennon's Killer Denied Parole for Eighth TimeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 9:16:00 PM
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical ContractsMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:32:00 PM
- SAG-AFTRA Represents KPCC Staff in First-Ever Union Contract NegotiationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:36:00 PM
- VIDEO: Watch the First Five Minutes of Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie
By Kat Giantis
It's nice to know that some stars don't treat crew members like their personal punching bags (see Christian "We're [Bleeping] Done Professionally" Bale). People magazine reports that Jennifer Aniston recently gave the cast and crew of her currently shooting flick "The Bounty" a day off on her dime. Word is, she ponied up some serious cash to cover the payroll on Thursday, July 2, so everyone could have a four-day Fourth of July weekend. "Jen is such a genuinely good person," raves a source. "How many people in this world would pay for an entire movie set to have off for the day? Not just anyone does that. We're talking big bucks." Aniston, who plays a reporter in the film, spent Saturday filming at the offices of the New York Daily News. Her co-star, Gerard Butler, was a no-show.
Meanwhile, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were both snapped cruising around Los Angeles over the weekend (the former on his motorcycle, the latter in an SUV), but there are rumblings they may be eyeing some East Coast digs. The New York Daily News says the kiddie-surrounded squeezes, who celebrated the first birthdays of twins Knox and Vivienne on Sunday, have expressed interest in a 100-year-old landmark building on the Upper West side that's going condo. "I heard they're ready to spend as much as $25 million," relays a snitch. The Jolie-Pitts already have sprawling properties in Los Angeles, New Orleans, and Santa Barbara, along with a rented chateau in the South of France.
Vanessa Hudgens is attempting to drum up interest in her forthcoming film "Sucker Punch" by discussing her character's wardrobe. Or lack thereof. "I'm playing a character named Blondie and it's set in a brothel in the 1950s," explains the "High School Musical" starlet (via OK!), "so there's not a whole lot of clothes." Vanessa, who is familiar with not wearing "a whole lot of clothes" on camera, is also thrilled to be breaking out of her wholesome Zac Efron-dating, singing-and-dancing niche. "It'll be gun training, stunts, fighting and all that craziness. I can't wait. I'm so excited. I've wanted to do an action film for a while," she says. "I think this is my first time to really step it up and get to grow up [on screen]. It will be somewhat different with the content and a few more foul words but that's the biggest difference."
Amy Winehouse must have really enjoyed the six or so months she spent on the tropical paradise of St. Lucia, because she doesn't seem all that happy to be home. The weedy singer apparently started bawling when she touched down in London on Monday morning and was photographed looking teary-eyed as she made her way to a waiting car. Her rep, however, brushes off the waterworks, telling the London Daily Mail, "She's really happy to be back and can't wait to catch up with family and friends." Winehouse, who is due in court on July 23 to face an assault charge from last year, seemingly leaves behind many a relieved St. Lucian. "She's been banned from hotels, the bars don't want her there, and locals see her as a nuisance when she's drunk," a source says of Winehouse, who has been known to down tequila shots for breakfast.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite