Winona Ryder: Angelina Jolie Never Thanked Me for "Girl, Interrupted" Role
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Digital3 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Alex Kurtzman to Direct 'The Mummy' Reboot for UniversalMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:09:00 PM
- John Goodman in Talks to Join Bryan Cranston in Jay Roach's 'Trumbo' (ExcMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:51:00 PM
- The Best Life Lessons We Learned from Sex and the CityMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Guess Why Chris Pratt Stole His 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star-Lord Outfit?MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to Nashville
"I feel like it won't read in print very nicely if I say that wasn't really her style," Ryder, 38, tells BlackBook magazine's December issue. "But she seems to be a completely different person now."
Ryder, who was the film's lead star and executive producer, says that she "never had any bad feelings about" Jolie, 34.
"I was hurt that people thought that," she says. "Everyone assumed I was really jealous because I thought this would be my vehicle. We said from the very beginning that the actress who played Lisa would probably win an Oscar, because it was the big, great, showy part. But I always related to Susanna…"
In fact, she says she "fought very hard" for Jolie to get the part of Lisa. (Ryder has also said that at the time they worked together, she actually felt bad for Jolie because she was still struggling to be taken seriously as an actress despite her "beautiful" looks.)
Her only regret?
"I never really felt like I got the chance to know her," Ryder says.
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite