- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/GettyImages.com3 of 8
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'/Promotional5 of 8
- Photo: Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Captain America 2 Stays on TopMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Which Bubble Shows Would You Save?MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 4:12:00 PM
- New York Times Launches App, Premier Subscription ServiceMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Discovery Channel Cancels Mount Everest Special After AvalancheMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Tribeca: How a Washington, DC Journalist Jumped to Directing a Star-Studded FilmMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 3:34:00 PM
- Box Office: Captain America 2 Stays on Top
By Kat Giantis
Here's a wacky notion: There are apparently some celebrity couples who get hitched just because they want to commit (and not, say, because they want to sell the nuptial pics to the highest bidder or beat a delivery from the stork).
Still, just hours after news broke that Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem had surreptitiously tied the knot at the beginning of July, the rumor mill started cranking with chatter that an impending bundle of joy prompted the exchange of vows.
RELATED: Penelope's gorgeous style
Life & Style claims the actress, 36, who has been subject to frequent pregnancy speculation over the last year or so, was hiding a bun in the oven under her John Galliano-designed wedding gown during the family-only, Bahamas-set ceremony.
According to an L&S source, the Oscar-winning Spanish squeezes supposedly wanted to make things legal "before their baby arrives next year."
RELATED VIDEO: Penelope Cruz Marries Javier Bardem
But don't buy that Diaper Genie just get. Penelope's rep insists to E! News that she's not expecting.
Besides, she's currently getting her swashbuckle on opposite Johnny Depp in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," and, as a source points out, "It's not exactly the kind of movie you want to be doing if you're pregnant."
Another insider scoffs to Wonderwall that the baby talk pops up "every three months."
That said, Cruz, who began dating Bardem in 2007 while filming Woody Allen's "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" (they first appeared on-screen together in 1992's "Jamón, Jamón"), has made no secret of her desire to hear the pitter-patter of little feet.
"I think I would be a perfect mother," she enthused in 2008. "I love babies."
Read more Hot Gossip
From Crowd Ignite