Actor Billy Connolly treated for prostate cancer
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP1 of 4
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Rob Griffith/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle RideMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:27:16 AM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle Ride
LONDON (AP) — Representatives of Scottish actor Billy Connolly say he has had surgery for the early stages of prostate cancer and is also receiving treatment for the initial symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
RELATED: Celebs attend Stand Up to Cancer
The statement says the 70-year-old star is "fully recovered" from prostate surgery in the United States.
RELATED: Celeb breast cancer survivors
He is expected to continue his film and TV work, which has recently included a role in "The Hobbit" films.
Connolly started his showbusiness career as a folk singer, and later made his reputation as a standup comic.
His role in the 1997 film "Mrs. Brown" opposite Judi Dench brought international recognition.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite