Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUI
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Anthony/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: NBC6 of 16
- Photo: Faye Sadou/UPA/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP8 of 16
- Photo: BARRY WETCHER/AP/Twentieth Century Fox9 of 16
- Photo: KCS Presse/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA12 of 16
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: ANDY/GSI14 of 16
- Photo: LJA/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- Hollywood actor Chris Pine, known for playing Captain Kirk in the "Star Trek" movies, has been charged with drunken driving in New Zealand.
The 33-year-old American is due to make his first court appearance in the case on Monday, court officials said Wednesday.
RELATED: Celeb mug shots
New Zealand Police said in a statement that a 33-year-old American was charged March 1 with driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit, which in New Zealand is .08 percent. Police did not name the man, but said he was stopped during a routine early-morning check near the South Island town of Methven.
Pine's agent and publicist could not be reached immediately Wednesday for comment.
Pine has been in New Zealand filming the movie "Z for Zachariah," which is due for release next year. Much of the filming has taken place on the South Island's picturesque Banks Peninsula.
Casey Crawford, manager of the Blue Pub, a Methven bar, told Christchurch newspaper The Press that Pine was attending a celebration at the bar on the night of Feb. 28 to mark the end of filming and was accompanied by his Icelandic girlfriend, Iris Bjork Johannesdottir.
Pine was drinking beer and did not appear intoxicated before leaving at about 2:30 a.m., Crawford said, adding that Pine had obliged locals who wanted their photo taken with him.
RELATED: Stars arrested before the age of 21
"He looked like he just wanted to spend time with his partner," Crawford told the newspaper.
Crawford said the party was well-controlled. "Chris was really good. They were a good crowd, the whole lot of them," he said.
Crawford said the bar offered patrons transportation home.
In addition to playing Capt. James T. Kirk, Pine also played Jack Ryan in the movie "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit."
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMagical Mermaid
From Crowd Ignite