Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUI
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Anthony/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: NBC6 of 16
- Photo: Faye Sadou/UPA/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP8 of 16
- Photo: BARRY WETCHER/AP/Twentieth Century Fox9 of 16
- Photo: KCS Presse/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA12 of 16
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: ANDY/GSI14 of 16
- Photo: LJA/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- Hollywood actor Chris Pine, known for playing Captain Kirk in the "Star Trek" movies, has been charged with drunken driving in New Zealand.
The 33-year-old American is due to make his first court appearance in the case on Monday, court officials said Wednesday.
RELATED: Celeb mug shots
New Zealand Police said in a statement that a 33-year-old American was charged March 1 with driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit, which in New Zealand is .08 percent. Police did not name the man, but said he was stopped during a routine early-morning check near the South Island town of Methven.
Pine's agent and publicist could not be reached immediately Wednesday for comment.
Pine has been in New Zealand filming the movie "Z for Zachariah," which is due for release next year. Much of the filming has taken place on the South Island's picturesque Banks Peninsula.
Casey Crawford, manager of the Blue Pub, a Methven bar, told Christchurch newspaper The Press that Pine was attending a celebration at the bar on the night of Feb. 28 to mark the end of filming and was accompanied by his Icelandic girlfriend, Iris Bjork Johannesdottir.
Pine was drinking beer and did not appear intoxicated before leaving at about 2:30 a.m., Crawford said, adding that Pine had obliged locals who wanted their photo taken with him.
RELATED: Stars arrested before the age of 21
"He looked like he just wanted to spend time with his partner," Crawford told the newspaper.
Crawford said the party was well-controlled. "Chris was really good. They were a good crowd, the whole lot of them," he said.
Crawford said the bar offered patrons transportation home.
In addition to playing Capt. James T. Kirk, Pine also played Jack Ryan in the movie "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit."
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite