Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUI
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Anthony/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: NBC6 of 16
- Photo: Faye Sadou/UPA/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP8 of 16
- Photo: BARRY WETCHER/AP/Twentieth Century Fox9 of 16
- Photo: KCS Presse/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA12 of 16
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA13 of 16
- Photo: ANDY/GSI14 of 16
- Photo: LJA/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- Hollywood actor Chris Pine, known for playing Captain Kirk in the "Star Trek" movies, has been charged with drunken driving in New Zealand.
The 33-year-old American is due to make his first court appearance in the case on Monday, court officials said Wednesday.
RELATED: Celeb mug shots
New Zealand Police said in a statement that a 33-year-old American was charged March 1 with driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit, which in New Zealand is .08 percent. Police did not name the man, but said he was stopped during a routine early-morning check near the South Island town of Methven.
Pine's agent and publicist could not be reached immediately Wednesday for comment.
Pine has been in New Zealand filming the movie "Z for Zachariah," which is due for release next year. Much of the filming has taken place on the South Island's picturesque Banks Peninsula.
Casey Crawford, manager of the Blue Pub, a Methven bar, told Christchurch newspaper The Press that Pine was attending a celebration at the bar on the night of Feb. 28 to mark the end of filming and was accompanied by his Icelandic girlfriend, Iris Bjork Johannesdottir.
Pine was drinking beer and did not appear intoxicated before leaving at about 2:30 a.m., Crawford said, adding that Pine had obliged locals who wanted their photo taken with him.
RELATED: Stars arrested before the age of 21
"He looked like he just wanted to spend time with his partner," Crawford told the newspaper.
Crawford said the party was well-controlled. "Chris was really good. They were a good crowd, the whole lot of them," he said.
Crawford said the bar offered patrons transportation home.
In addition to playing Capt. James T. Kirk, Pine also played Jack Ryan in the movie "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite