Actor Craig Robinson in minor Bahamas drug bust
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/Invision/AP1 of 4
- Photo: MCCFL/Splash News2 of 4
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Christopher Walken, Giancarlo Esposito Join Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:58:00 AM
- 'Glee' Star Lea Michele to Guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Sarah Palin Channel Mocked on Twitter With Terrible Ideas for TV ShowsMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:19:00 AM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Working With Kiefer Sutherland on '24' Was a NightmareMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:11:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Christopher Walken, Giancarlo Esposito Join Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'
NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) -- Comic actor Craig Robinson was detained Wednesday for drug possession as he tried to leave the Bahamas and was ordered to pay a fine, authorities said.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
The actor best known for his role as Darryl Philbin on NBC's "The Office" was stopped as he tried to board a plane in the capital, Nassau, and head back to the United States. Customs agents found a small amount of marijuana and pills deemed suspicious, said Supt. Stephen Dean of the Royal Bahamas Police Force.
"It was nothing major," Dean said.
Robinson, who was in the Bahamas for a comedy show, was taken into custody and appeared before a magistrate, where he pleaded guilty to two counts of drug possession. Prosecutor Ercel Dorsett told the court that Robinson had a half gram of marijuana and 18 ecstasy pills.
RELATED: Shocker! Starlet arrested in Canada
The 41-year-old actor, who appeared calm in a shorts and T-shirt and was not accompanied by a lawyer, told the court he brought the drugs from the United States and did not know they were illegal in the Bahamas.
Magistrate Andrew Forbes ordered him to pay a $1,000 fine and directed that he be turned over to authorities and removed from the country. He could have faced four years in prison.
A publicist for Robinson, Nicole Chabot, declined to comment. Blair Berk, a Los Angeles lawyer who represented the actor after a previous drug arrest, also declined comment.
In June 2008, police in Culver City, California, arrested Robinson on suspicion of possessing MDMA, also known as ecstasy, and methamphetamine. The charges were later dismissed after he completed a diversion program.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
Robinson is familiar to many for his portrayal of Philbin, a warehouse foreman on "The Office." He has also appeared in movies such as the "Pineapple Express," ''Zach and Miri Make a Porn," and "Hot Tub Time Machine."
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite