Adam Sandler: There's 'No Reason' For Me To Host The Oscars
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Happy Madison/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Franka Bruns/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Lomeli/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: The Media Circuit/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: AB6/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' ReboMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:34:00 PM
- Exclusive: Elementary Enlists Lost's Sonya Walger, Revolution's Zak OrthMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Who's Going to Die on Under the Dome?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Comic-Con 2014: All the Latest NewsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:34:00 AM
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:11:00 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' Rebo
You can cross Adam Sandler's name off the list of possible Oscar hosts since Eddie Murphy dropped out Wednesday.
Sandler, speaking with On Air With Ryan Seacrest Thursday, said he's got no interest following in the footsteps of funny-men such as Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Steve Martin and Billy Crystal in presiding over the biggest night in show business.
The Oscars are the big story this week, Seacrest began, before asking, "Obviously Eddie's not gonna do it and [original director] Brett [Rather] stepped down: Would you do it?"
No thanks, Sandler said.
"There's no reason for me to be doing that, no. I see no happiness ... there's no upside," the 45-year-old SNL alum said. "Whoever has the courage to go out there, I'm proud of them."
The star of comedies such as "Big Daddy," "Anger Management" and "The Wedding Singer" joked that his annual Oscar party usually consists of him falling asleep, then waking up the next day asking why he didn't win anything.
Sandler co-stars with Al Pacino and Katie Holmes in the upcoming film, "Jack & Jill," which hits theaters Friday.
Fun fact: Other past Oscar hosts includes George Jessel, Frank Sinatra and Chevy Chase.
Adam Sandler On Hosting The Oscars
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite