Adam Sandler: There's 'No Reason' For Me To Host The Oscars
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Happy Madison/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Franka Bruns/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Lomeli/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: The Media Circuit/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: AB6/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
You can cross Adam Sandler's name off the list of possible Oscar hosts since Eddie Murphy dropped out Wednesday.
Sandler, speaking with On Air With Ryan Seacrest Thursday, said he's got no interest following in the footsteps of funny-men such as Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Steve Martin and Billy Crystal in presiding over the biggest night in show business.
The Oscars are the big story this week, Seacrest began, before asking, "Obviously Eddie's not gonna do it and [original director] Brett [Rather] stepped down: Would you do it?"
No thanks, Sandler said.
"There's no reason for me to be doing that, no. I see no happiness ... there's no upside," the 45-year-old SNL alum said. "Whoever has the courage to go out there, I'm proud of them."
The star of comedies such as "Big Daddy," "Anger Management" and "The Wedding Singer" joked that his annual Oscar party usually consists of him falling asleep, then waking up the next day asking why he didn't win anything.
Sandler co-stars with Al Pacino and Katie Holmes in the upcoming film, "Jack & Jill," which hits theaters Friday.
Fun fact: Other past Oscar hosts includes George Jessel, Frank Sinatra and Chevy Chase.
Adam Sandler On Hosting The Oscars
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite