Adam Sandler: There's 'No Reason' For Me To Host The Oscars
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Happy Madison/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Franka Bruns/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Lomeli/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: The Media Circuit/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: AB6/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
You can cross Adam Sandler's name off the list of possible Oscar hosts since Eddie Murphy dropped out Wednesday.
Sandler, speaking with On Air With Ryan Seacrest Thursday, said he's got no interest following in the footsteps of funny-men such as Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Steve Martin and Billy Crystal in presiding over the biggest night in show business.
The Oscars are the big story this week, Seacrest began, before asking, "Obviously Eddie's not gonna do it and [original director] Brett [Rather] stepped down: Would you do it?"
No thanks, Sandler said.
"There's no reason for me to be doing that, no. I see no happiness ... there's no upside," the 45-year-old SNL alum said. "Whoever has the courage to go out there, I'm proud of them."
The star of comedies such as "Big Daddy," "Anger Management" and "The Wedding Singer" joked that his annual Oscar party usually consists of him falling asleep, then waking up the next day asking why he didn't win anything.
Sandler co-stars with Al Pacino and Katie Holmes in the upcoming film, "Jack & Jill," which hits theaters Friday.
Fun fact: Other past Oscar hosts includes George Jessel, Frank Sinatra and Chevy Chase.
Adam Sandler On Hosting The Oscars
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite