Adam Sandler: There's 'No Reason' For Me To Host The Oscars
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Happy Madison/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Franka Bruns/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Lomeli/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: The Media Circuit/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: AB6/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
You can cross Adam Sandler's name off the list of possible Oscar hosts since Eddie Murphy dropped out Wednesday.
Sandler, speaking with On Air With Ryan Seacrest Thursday, said he's got no interest following in the footsteps of funny-men such as Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Steve Martin and Billy Crystal in presiding over the biggest night in show business.
The Oscars are the big story this week, Seacrest began, before asking, "Obviously Eddie's not gonna do it and [original director] Brett [Rather] stepped down: Would you do it?"
No thanks, Sandler said.
"There's no reason for me to be doing that, no. I see no happiness ... there's no upside," the 45-year-old SNL alum said. "Whoever has the courage to go out there, I'm proud of them."
The star of comedies such as "Big Daddy," "Anger Management" and "The Wedding Singer" joked that his annual Oscar party usually consists of him falling asleep, then waking up the next day asking why he didn't win anything.
Sandler co-stars with Al Pacino and Katie Holmes in the upcoming film, "Jack & Jill," which hits theaters Friday.
Fun fact: Other past Oscar hosts includes George Jessel, Frank Sinatra and Chevy Chase.
Adam Sandler On Hosting The Oscars
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite