Adriana Lima splits from husband Marko Jaric after 5 years of marriage
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: John Phillips/AP4 of 17
- Photo: John Phillips/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Seskim/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: ARF/ZOJ/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: AO Images/Pacific Coast News9 of 17
- Photo: PN2/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC ComicsMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 5:43:40 AM
- Color lines are blurred in Fox comedy 'black-ish'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 5:28:06 AM
- Hamm, other stars join campaign against assaultMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 5:21:17 AM
- CBS Executive Michael Wittman's Wife Brain Dead After Cyclist Collision (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 11:06:00 PM
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know Lost?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 10:33:00 PM
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
Line up, gentlemen! Adriana Lima is single again. The world-famous supermodel announced Friday, May 2, that she and her husband of five years, former NBA player Marko Jaric, have split.
"After long and careful consideration, we have decided to separate after five years of marriage," the couple shared in a statement to Us Weekly. "We are grateful to be the parents of two incredible young daughters that we will continue to co-parent," the parents to two daughters Valentina, 4, and Sienna, 2, added. We would greatly appreciate your respect for our family's privacy as we begin this delicate next chapter for all members of our family."
Lima, 32, and Jaric, 35, first met through a mutual friend back in 2007. At the time, the supermodel was making her mark with Victoria's Secret, while her Serbian beau was a guard on the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Brazilian beauty famously held onto her virginity prior to marrying Jaric in 2009. In a September 2013 HuffPost Live interview, Lima defended her choice to wait. "Well you know you have to stick up for your beliefs," Lima said.
"Whatever makes your comfortable. Just follow your values."
Asked in the same interview what she loved about her husband, she quipped, "Well, he's smart. He makes me laugh. He's very funny, he's very athletic." She paused and added, "It takes time to get to know [someone]."
The Victoria's Secret Angel and Jaric were last photographed together hitting up an opulent Miami yacht party in February 2014. In the months leading up to her split announcement, Lima hinted at trouble via social media. In one Instagram post, the world's third-highest paid model model uploaded a picture that read, "Quote of the day: He offered her the world. She said she had her own."
Though she's going through a split, Lima has surrounded herself with beautiful pals. On Thursday, May 1, Lima posted a picture of herself with fellow Angel Candice Swanepoel, kissing pregnant Doutzen Kroes' baby bump.
The mother of two gushed about motherhood to HuffPost last fall: "It's the most beautiful, transforming experience of my life," she said. "They are my priority."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite