Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is 'One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met'
- Photo: George Pimentel/GettyImages.com1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Wireimage; Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Victor Calvo/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: InStyle/.10 of 17
- Photo: Columbia/Sony Pictures11 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Juan Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season openerMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
- 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Teaser: Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti Are NMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:07:03 AM
- '12 Years a Slave' Dominates Boston Online Critics AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:37:11 AM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013
What a champ!
Despite plenty of high-profile appearances and vacations together between summer 2010 and fall 2011, Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz were notoriously tight-lipped during their on-and-off relationship -- but it seems there's still plenty of love and goodwill between the Yankees slugger, 36, and "Bad Teacher" actress, 39.
"I don't like talking about my relationships," Rodriguez says in a Thursday interview with "The Insider" (excerpted in Page Six) when asked about Diaz, whom he refers to by her initials. "But I will tell you about CD: She's probably one of the greatest human beings I've ever met, and just an amazing light."
Now dating WWE Diva Torrie Wilson, Rodriguez divorced wife Cynthia in 2008 after six years and two daughters together; the messy split was marred by the athlete's fling with Madonna.
Will the sports star marry again? "I'm not sure," Rodriguez says, lavishing praise on another famous hunk who's avoided remarrying.
"I think my new hero is George Clooney," he says of the Oscar winner, 50, whose girlfriend Stacy Keibler is friends with his love Wilson. "He's my new role model. I think he's done it right."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is "One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBFF For Life
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite