Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is 'One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met'
- Photo: George Pimentel/GettyImages.com1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Wireimage; Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Victor Calvo/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: InStyle/.10 of 17
- Photo: Columbia/Sony Pictures11 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Juan Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
What a champ!
Despite plenty of high-profile appearances and vacations together between summer 2010 and fall 2011, Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz were notoriously tight-lipped during their on-and-off relationship -- but it seems there's still plenty of love and goodwill between the Yankees slugger, 36, and "Bad Teacher" actress, 39.
"I don't like talking about my relationships," Rodriguez says in a Thursday interview with "The Insider" (excerpted in Page Six) when asked about Diaz, whom he refers to by her initials. "But I will tell you about CD: She's probably one of the greatest human beings I've ever met, and just an amazing light."
Now dating WWE Diva Torrie Wilson, Rodriguez divorced wife Cynthia in 2008 after six years and two daughters together; the messy split was marred by the athlete's fling with Madonna.
Will the sports star marry again? "I'm not sure," Rodriguez says, lavishing praise on another famous hunk who's avoided remarrying.
"I think my new hero is George Clooney," he says of the Oscar winner, 50, whose girlfriend Stacy Keibler is friends with his love Wilson. "He's my new role model. I think he's done it right."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is "One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite